Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted on BaT - is this subframe cracking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the threads that give m3 owners anxiety lol

Those aren't cracks.
    Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Originally posted by Zero View Post

1st Post - LOL.

First of all this is a new forum. I was a M3F member for 10+ years with 2 e 46 M3's currently and and e36 M3.

I didn't mean to come off like an ass so I apologize to the original poster.

If you follow any e46 stuff or BAT every single person asks the same questions even if they have no interest in the car. Bearings, subframe, Vanos.... I didn't read the whole auction but many people don't even understand the rod bearing issues and that they are a preventative maintenance item. Looking out is fine but anyone buying an e46 should understand this. Anyone with an e46 M3 coupe should do the RCAP reinforcements regardless. So factor in $1-2k to have them done.

Shitting on someones for sale on the last day of the auction from someone that has no interest in the car is not looking out it's just malicious.
      It’s cool I thought I recognized the name. I definitely didn’t mean to be malicious and only want to have the best interest for other car enthusiasts. It’s tough in situations like these where the seller and buyer are both enthusiasts, and if it truly was a failure (yes I agree all need to be done regardless) one party would take a hit anyways. Poor sleep + bad wording/judgement created the second post on the thread. But I really was just looking to see if that was a failure or not. Seems like it may be or may not on one of the welds. The rest is just water/dirt spots.
      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

1st Post - LOL.

First of all this is a new forum. I was a M3F member for 10+ years with 2 e 46 M3's currently and and e36 M3.

I didn't mean to come off like an ass so I apologize to the original poster.

If you follow any e46 stuff or BAT every single person asks the same questions even if they have no interest in the car. Bearings, subframe, Vanos.... I didn't read the whole auction but many people don't even understand the rod bearing issues and that they are a preventative maintenance item. Looking out is fine but anyone buying an e46 should understand this. Anyone with an e46 M3 coupe should do the RCAP reinforcements regardless. So factor in $1-2k to have them done.

Shitting on someones for sale on the last day of the auction from someone that has no interest in the car is not looking out it's just malicious.
        This forum is new????? what, since when?? who did this?? I am ok with sh*tting on a dishonest sellers auction at the last second. I don't think the seller is being dishonest here but too many people defend shady people and then say "well they should have done their homework" as an excuse to make it ok. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

This forum is new????? what, since when?? who did this?? .
          Wow you have no clue - Huh..

Since around March when years of the m3forum content was lost without a good backup. And I'm new poster???

Comment

Wow you have no clue - Huh..

Since around March when years of the m3forum content was lost without a good backup. And I'm new poster???
            Interesting. Guess I've been had.

Comment

Lol, I'm new here too. We are all new.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I honestly don't think is matters if that particular car had cracks starting to form. You buy E46M knowing that if subframe, vanos, and RB were not done previously, you will have to do them at some point - guaranteed. So, its only a matter of time - and if you need to throw some $$ at it right away, or later. So in a nutshell, if the subframe is not reinforced, it does not matter if it has cracks.
                BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                X