iPhone charge/streaming solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozone View Post
    Ok so Bluebus sounds pretty cool. What can I use to charge the phone at the same time? This is an issue for me since I'm often running low on battery and BT will only suck more juice out of it. I don't really need a wireless solution so am ok with a cable.
    If you're okay with a cable why not just get a USB cigarette socket adapter and charge your phone that way?
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

If you're okay with a cable why not just get a USB cigarette socket adapter and charge your phone that way?
      I use it for my radar detector. I guess I could get a splitter but then it would get messy. Any hardwired solutions?

Comment

I installed aux input and additional usb sockets in the top storage compartment in the center console. So you can always close it and don see it.

Comment

How is the install process/ support for Blue Bus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jixer77 View Post
            How is the install process/ support for Blue Bus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Ted is providing some fantastic customer support and is very open and responsive. Communication couldn’t be better. As for install, it’s plug and play with factory connections. Just be sure to purchase the adapter cable with the unit.
            Last edited by duracellttu; 08-13-2020, 07:21 PM.
            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

+2 on the BlueBus (it's my baby)

But for real, the AUX works pretty well if you're okay with cords? Still, the BlueBus uses a higher quality DAC, so it tends to sound better than AUX.

Sirius and the BlueBus get along just fine. You just need a slave cable, which BMW sells.

-Ted
              Looks great. Any chance the oct ship date might get pushed up?

Comment

How hard was the install? I'm admittedly not very handy.
                I happened to get a GROM today (borrowed) just to compare with my own creation and I was taken aback that they expect you to use posi-taps to get power, I-Bus and ground from the car! Definitely not a plug and play install.

Originally posted by HighSchoolDream View Post
                Looks great. Any chance the oct ship date might get pushed up?
                No chance of that . I'm going to be closing orders for October soon and moving to the next ship date of December.

-Ted

Comment

grom also had the problem with the uncontrolled climate switch off ...

Comment

I use it for my radar detector. I guess I could get a splitter but then it would get messy. Any hardwired solutions?
                    Maybe hardwire your radar detector instead? Most of them offer kits for that. And +1 on the BlueBus, absolutely zero complaints with mine and Ted is great!
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post
                      grom also had the problem with the uncontrolled climate switch off ...
                      Mine was more of an everything off!

Admittedly, that was a long time ago (circa 2009) so things may have changed (improved?) since then but it was a scary experience when everything in front of and around you would just shut down: instruments, turn signals, side mirror adjustment, center console, etc. The only resolution is to park, engine off, then disconnect the GROM. You'd think it was just a one-off so you try again ... then it all happens again. So out it went.

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post

Mine was more of an everything off!

Admittedly, that was a long time ago (circa 2009) so things may have changed (improved?) since then but it was a scary experience when everything in front of and around you would just shut down: instruments, turn signals, side mirror adjustment, center console, etc. The only resolution is to park, engine off, then disconnect the GROM. You'd think it was just a one-off so you try again ... then it all happens again. So out it went.
                        yes, it must have been around that time for me too.

I then used an intravee and now the BlueBus. Ted did a great job ...

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                          I installed aux input and additional usb sockets in the top storage compartment in the center console. So you can always close it and don see it.
                          Any recommendation on USB sockets/setup? That may be the best way for me to power the phone.

Comment

Working...
                          X