Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey lets talk about some possible good news. SuperSprint. Everyone’s favorite header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great input from 2 guys both with SS headers and Carbon airboxes! Obviously SSv1 dont overwhelm induction noise of airbox for you Guys? How ridiculous would it be to run SSv1+cats+Resonated Sec2+ OEM Section 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Exclusivs View Post
      Obviously SSv1 dont overwhelm induction noise of airbox for you Guys? How ridiculous would it be to run SSv1+cats+Resonated Sec2+ OEM Section 3?
      Not even close. I run SSv1 w/ cats+oe Sec2/3 with a Karbonius box. It's all induction noise with a little rasp, at least from the driver's seat.

Comment

I can't even hear my exhaust over the airbox, which is just how I want it.

Great input from 2 guys both with SS headers and Carbon airboxes! Obviously SSv1 dont overwhelm induction noise of airbox for you Guys? How ridiculous would it be to run SSv1+cats+Resonated Sec2+ OEM Section 3?

I have a friend with that exact setup-- not ridiculous at all.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I have SS V1 + SS V1 catless pipes + SS resonated Pipe + SS Sport muffler (not to be confused with the two piece SS light weight racing). OE CSL Airbox And I can hear both exhaust and airbox equally. Love it.

Comment

I'm doomed...

Went back to dig up some SS stepped headers from 2007, and ...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer View Post
              I'm doomed...

They look good lol. Get them on the car.

Comment

Urgh, now this is going to keep me up at night, each sections are QC crap...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	233
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	51214

Comment

Solid thanks for chime in Gents!

gixxer : Confused^ You went back to dig up pictures? Or you just sitting on SS header stash and dug up a set from 07 lol.

Comment

Solid thanks for chime in Gents!

gixxer : Confused^ You went back to dig up pictures? Or you just sitting on SS header stash and dug up a set from 07 lol.

Sorry, dug up pictures.

I (kind of) knew SS (made in Italy ???) in general had some sort of QC issues, but reading this thread, urgh...

I just had replacement section 2 installed, and sure enough their heat shield do not fit on the bolts. I'm told some early "jig issue".

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

They look good lol. Get them on the car.
                      Yep, they are on, since 2007.

Week ago had the section 2 replaced from single to dual pipe setup.

I don't know, i'm told that alone adds something like +15 rwhp. Had plan to dyno afterwards, then murphy came through... will go back to dyno in few weeks

The whole setup seem to really come alive above 5500rpm'ish or so...

Comment

^Haha Ok thanks for clarifying.
                        You purchase the sec1 direct? Curious whose lame reasoning was “early jig issues.”

My purpose for starting the thread was not to point out QC issues (though that’s inevitable) but to hopefully restore some faith in the SS manufacturing with this announcement made.

At this point I guess only time will tell. Unless we can get someone in direct contact with SS to address some of the questions we all may have.

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer View Post
                          I'm doomed...

I wonder why the older V1s have a lot less welds? I would think the opposite with advancements in manufacturing tech?

Comment

^ Do they? Maybe we can get some side by side comparison pictures posted. Not sure why they’d change a proven design. Changing actual fabricators, due to issues I understand.

Comment

Have people been having problems with quality control on their section 3's or is it just the headers? I ordered a GruppeM section 3 from Vivid Racing, because their website said they had it in stock. So i called to make sure, they told me it was. I placed my order and called again to make sure. They proceeded to tell me they wont have it until late September. I wanted a SS race originally but ECS didn't have them in stock but now it seems that they will likely have them in stock before Vivid gets some GruppeM ones. So my question is, has anyone gotten a bad section 3 recently?

Comment

I would love to see a visible marking of some sort to let the consumer know if they’re getting a “new and improved” unit or one from previous batches. ”2.0” label

would help when used ones start hitting the market for us potential buyers to know which it’s from
                                2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Working...
                                X