Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey lets talk about some possible good news. SuperSprint. Everyone’s favorite header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yeetus View Post
    Have people been having problems with quality control on their section 3's or is it just the headers? I ordered a GruppeM section 3 from Vivid Racing, because their website said they had it in stock. So i called to make sure, they told me it was. I placed my order and called again to make sure. They proceeded to tell me they wont have it until late September. I wanted a SS race originally but ECS didn't have them in stock but now it seems that they will likely have them in stock before Vivid gets some GruppeM ones. So my question is, has anyone gotten a bad section 3 recently?
    Yeah, there have been issues with some section 3's thats I've read about. Particularly the RACE version. Maybe other guys can chime in on their section 3 experience from SS. Kind of a derail of OP though

Originally posted by FCD46 View Post
    I would love to see a visible marking of some sort to let the consumer know if they’re getting a “new and improved” unit or one from previous batches. ”2.0” label would help when used ones start hitting the market for us potential buyers to know which it’s from
    I doubt they are going to specifically label the "new" ones with a specific stamp or branding difference, but yes I agree and I'm sure everyone else does that it would be nice to know if there will be any discernible differences. Not to the design, but to know if from the new Fabricators.

Do any OG M3F guys have any form of past/running contact with Supersprint direct?

Comment

I've had 7 SS products (fab'd between 2012-2018) in my hands/installed, and all have been perfectly fine. Only issue with new dual pipe is that it's oversized which causes a tighter fit.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Yeetus View Post
        Have people been having problems with quality control on their section 3's or is it just the headers? I ordered a GruppeM section 3 from Vivid Racing, because their website said they had it in stock. So i called to make sure, they told me it was. I placed my order and called again to make sure. They proceeded to tell me they wont have it until late September. I wanted a SS race originally but ECS didn't have them in stock but now it seems that they will likely have them in stock before Vivid gets some GruppeM ones. So my question is, has anyone gotten a bad section 3 recently?
        I've had 4 different SS Section 3's all with no issues. Most recently an SS Race that was received from ECS at the end of June which was flawless. If you're local in SoCal, you're more than welcome to buy this one off me as it's off the car at the moment.
        Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
        Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

I’m running SuperSprint in all exhaust sections, and have been for years. All fit perfectly, all have been flawlessly reliable, including track and winter use.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

See my sig. I've had it since 2005 with no issues.
            17 iO1 i3
            16 F22 M235i
            08 E93 M3
            04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

These are mine from 2019.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SS-Headers-2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	449.5 KB
ID:	51662

Name:	img].jpg
Views:	368
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	51663

Name:	Super-Sprint-02.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	51664

Comment

^Nice thanks for posting. Nice photos as well. The welds on yours appear to be thicker With a few flat spots (not sure if that’s a welding term) VS for example the ones from 07 that were posted and the ones posted on SS FB.

Don’t take that as a bad thing, they’re still great! And function as intended. interesting to use this thread to collect various ‘iterations’ over the, what 2 decades now SS has been cranking these headers out for these cars. Nice stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just went through my photo library.

I can’t find any pics of it, but I believe it put the SSv2s on in 2007. They’re still going strong in a friends car today.

It appears that in 2012 I want from SSV2 stepped to SSV1 stepped. Not much you can see weld wise, since both sets are ceramic coated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	51685

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	51686

And then recently (couple of years ago) to the twin tube section 2.

Sooo... coming up on 15 years of running SuperSprint parts, with nothing but flawless experiences. 3 out of the 4 exhaust sections on my car are now coming up on 10 years old, and see a ton of track use, as well as winter salt.
                  Attached Files

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Are production dates shown on any of the Supersprint products?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoWagon View Post

I've had 4 different SS Section 3's all with no issues. Most recently an SS Race that was received from ECS at the end of June which was flawless. If you're local in SoCal, you're more than welcome to buy this one off me as it's off the car at the moment.
                      Im in Central Oregon sadly, I did get the car in socal though. I might cancel my GruppeM section 3 and save some money with a SS Race.

Comment

15% off from ECS.

Whose buying?!

Comment

Does ECS typically give better discounts during their Black Friday sale? Can't recall the % discount from last year. Thinking of buying a sec 3

Comment

With the 15% off, ECS might be cheaper now, but I've also had success with these guys, even with shipping and no vat.
                            Sport exhaust manifold Supersprint -Step Design Full Race- for track use 044001 - Fits on models: E46

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Just got these yesterday from ECS, only a slight bit off on one flange, its sits back about 1/16" of an inch compared to the other two, and it seems the nuts should pull it in relatively easily.

Name:	20200924_221820.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	58070 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_221919.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	58071 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_222127.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	58072 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234034.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	58073 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234056.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	58074 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_234118.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	58075
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

^Very nice

Comment

Working...
                                X