BMW M3 Build Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M3 Build Numbers

Is there a good/easy way to figure out combinations of production numbers? I know there is a website that will give you exterior color/body style/trans, but no interior combos.

Any way to tell how many of a specific interior were produced? Example, how many total Dove Gray coupe interior compared to M-Texture Coupe?
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

you ever found this out?

Comment

Originally posted by 88mpwr View Post
      you ever found this out?
      Nope but I found out there are 294 original m texture interiors for the North American market.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Interested in this aswell. Would like to know how many lsb interiors there are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post
          Interested in this aswell. Would like to know how many lsb interiors there are.
          I found out from Duck, but he has a private guy who he pays for that information. I think I saw there is another forum where someone runs them, but I never got admin approval to join that one.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

SickFinga over on MaxBimmer which is a Toronto based BMW forum is the guy that can get production numbers. He works for BMW NA.
            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            ​ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build ​​
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

The BMW E46 M3 was one of the best platforms produced by BMW, and owning one is something special in its own right. However not each E46 M3 is equal, with several trims and features produced some examples are rarer than others.If you are still in the market to buy one, check the numbers before you make your next purchase, you never know when you when you find a unicorn!

good starting point

Comment

Originally posted by Kcalhoun27 View Post
                They have the option for interior but don't show the stats for it. I'd love to know how rare my factory specced m-tex manual rhd is. Definitely not many in NZ.

Comment

^ Does’t give stat for Manual vs SMG either. Although has a window for transmission.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Nope but I found out there are 294 original m texture interiors for the North American market.
                    And mine is one of them! I was hunting for a ZCP, but then i found an imola red slick top with manual m texture seats and figured that was far better than a steering wheel button.

Comment

Originally posted by specializedbndt View Post

And mine is one of them! I was hunting for a ZCP, but then i found an imola red slick top with manual m texture seats and figured that was far better than a steering wheel button.
                      I have one too! Not original to the car though

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Thank you for the info. Glad to know I'm one of the 294. Mine was built in May 2006 so she's probably one of the last one to leave the factory with this option.

2006 - JB - ZCP - 6MT - M-Texture - Slick Top

Comment

I wonder how many are speed cloth interior

Comment

Originally posted by VisorM3 View Post

I wonder how many are speed cloth interior
                            Is that factory? Didn't know they have different cloth options.

Here's what mine looks like.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Int 05.jpg
Views:	1472
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	77384 Click image for larger version

Name:	Int 01.jpg
Views:	1449
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	77387
                            Attached Files

2006 - JB - ZCP - 6MT - M-Texture - Slick Top

Comment

Originally posted by SpdFrk View Post

Is that factory? Didn't know they have different cloth options.
                              yeah speed cloth has no M colors into it, just plain cloth

Comment

Working...
                              X