BMW M3 Build Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpdFrk View Post

Is that factory? Didn't know they have different cloth options.

Here's what mine looks like.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Int 05.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	77384 Click image for larger version

Name:	Int 01.jpg
Views:	1460
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	77387
    Has yours ever been repaired? This looks brand new... jealous
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

No. No repairs, but it does need to be cleaned up though.

I'm so glad I opted for this interior. Can't believe only 294 people did even though it's a no cost option. It's not cold in the winter and not hot in the summer. And you're not sliding around when cornering.

2006 - JB - ZCP - 6MT - M-Texture - Slick Top

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Nope but I found out there are 294 original m texture interiors for the North American market.
        I guess I am 1/294 M-Alcantara interior. I would have thought there many more.

Comment

Originally posted by R1pilot View Post

I guess I am 1/294 M-Alcantara interior. I would have thought there many more.
          Same here. Here is the official breakdown from Duck, he has a private person he gets info for. Idk how he feels about taking a bunch of requests so please be respectful 😊

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
            SickFinga over on MaxBimmer which is a Toronto based BMW forum is the guy that can get production numbers. He works for BMW NA.
            This is the answer
            2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

Sickfinga is who I go to. I pay him annually because I request production numbers quite often. He has confirmed I request more than anybody! Ha! Most people are just asking about how many of their specific combos are produced. Most of MY requests take quite a bit of effort on his part and he provides a lot of info for me. Worth it since we’ve purchased 5 or 6 cars over the years based on production numbers alone. I love production numbers.
              1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
              2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
              2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
              2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
              2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
              2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post
                Sickfinga is who I go to. I pay him annually because I request production numbers quite often. He has confirmed I request more than anybody! Ha! Most people are just asking about how many of their specific combos are produced. Most of MY requests take quite a bit of effort on his part and he provides a lot of info for me. Worth it since we’ve purchased 5 or 6 cars over the years based on production numbers alone. I love production numbers.
                I think I tried getting into those forums but I wasn’t admin approved to join lol. Oh well.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I'm so glad I opted for this interior. Can't believe only 294 people did even though it's a no cost option. It's not cold in the winter and not hot in the summer. And you're not sliding around when cornering.
                  cloth gets stained/dirty, and in a $50k car most wanted it to look more of a premium interior with leather.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                    cloth gets stained/dirty, and in a $50k car most wanted it to look more of a premium interior with leather.
                    I have to respectfully disagree that leather looks more premium. The M-Textured Alcantara interior looks so much better IMHO. It's not cloth. The sides of the seats are leather. The center section and the door/side panels are Alcantara. I think most people buy their car pre-ordered by the dealer with leather. If people see the M-Textured Alcantara interior in person, many more would have opted for this.

As for keeping clean, I do agree with you. It's a little more proned to getting dirty given the textured surface and all the "holes" on it. That's why I have a no food/drink policy. That's why I don't have cupholders. I don't even have a center armrest.

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree that leather looks more premium. The M-Textured Alcantara interior looks so much better IMHO. It's not cloth. The sides of the seats are leather. The center section and the door/side panels are Alcantara. I think most people buy their car pre-ordered by the dealer with leather. If people see the M-Textured Alcantara interior in person, many more would have opted for this.
                      This was researched by BMW. Consumer questionnaires said it looked plaid to them which was popular in VW circles. (maybe it was BMW being a head of its trends again). Wasn’t thought of as premium. Heck the “Premium Package/ ZPP” includes full Napa leather(it’s right in the name 😉. It’s perception, I understand you have different opinion from theirs, so each person is correct.

Also you may notice my car is a manual slicktop, so was familiar with not having full Nappa leather.
                      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

SickFinga hasn't responded in 2 months, they ran my vin # years ago for both my e46's
                        2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                        2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                        Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

This was researched by BMW. Consumer questionnaires said it looked plaid to them which was popular in VW circles. (maybe it was BMW being a head of its trends again). Wasn’t thought of as premium. Heck the “Premium Package/ ZPP” includes full Napa leather(it’s right in the name 😉. It’s perception, I understand you have different opinion from theirs, so each person is correct.

Also you may notice my car is a manual slicktop, so was familiar with not having full Nappa leather.
                          I may be a little biased. Just a little.

My cousin has an 03 SMG Vert with every available option checked. I think many of the M3 buyers would consider "options" as more luxurious just because they're optional and because they have to pay extra. To me, less is more.

Comment

Originally posted by VisorM3 View Post
                            yeah speed cloth has no M colors into it, just plain cloth
                            You sure "speed cloth" was offered on the USA E46 M3? Would be interested in seeing one if you can, thanks.

Comment

I may be a little biased. Just a little.
                              My cousin has an 03 SMG Vert with every available option checked. I think many of the M3 buyers would consider "options" as more luxurious just because they're optional and because they have to pay extra. To me, less is more.
                              Haha, right on good for you. Always best to be excited about what you have 👍
                              That combo interior with your ZCP trim accompaniments do compliment each other.

Comment

You sure "speed cloth" was offered on the USA E46 M3? Would be interested in seeing one if you can, thanks.
                                Yes, it was available. To clarify, though, on the E46 this option was just called "Cloth/Nappa Leather". Speed cloth is an E9X option.

Name:	62776032.WHgsbIaT.m3IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	80862 Click image for larger version

Name:	62776035.Wdt96Nks.m3IMG_0030.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	80863

Name:	62776030.ay0fL0j0.m3IMG_0025.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	80861
                                Last edited by 6MTGirl; 01-23-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X