X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obioban you are the man! Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone ever had any luck with aftermarket head units/amps/speakers etc without getting any buzz or whine? I still have the stock HK amps and speakers but both the Dynavin and the Eonon head units have low level hiss you can hear when the volume is quiet. The business CD always sounded great (for what it was). In other cars I've owned where I went with Alpine or Pioneer HU and aftermarket speakers and amp I was always chasing buzzes or hiss sounds, trying different ground locations etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MOD Distribution View Post
        Has anyone ever had any luck with aftermarket head units/amps/speakers etc without getting any buzz or whine? I still have the stock HK amps and speakers but both the Dynavin and the Eonon head units have low level hiss you can hear when the volume is quiet. The business CD always sounded great (for what it was). In other cars I've owned where I went with Alpine or Pioneer HU and aftermarket speakers and amp I was always chasing buzzes or hiss sounds, trying different ground locations etc.
        Generally, making sure all the grounds are good and adding a ground loop isolator does wonders.

Keep in mind that a partially failed voltage regulator (meaning one of the rectifier diodes) on your alternator could be the source of any whine that follows RPM.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Generally, making sure all the grounds are good and adding a ground loop isolator does wonders.

Keep in mind that a partially failed voltage regulator (meaning one of the rectifier diodes) on your alternator could be the source of any whine that follows RPM.

-Ted
          Good to know, thanks! In the M3 it doesn’t change with RPM so it’s likely a ground in the system or the deck itself.

Comment

iPad mini. Alpine Type R separates. Stealth boxes. Audiocontrol amp/dsp. Sony head unit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1716.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	84196

Name:	IMG_1922.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	84205 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2854.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	84202 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2833.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	84207 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2846.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	84208 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2852.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	84209 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2853.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	84210
            Attached Files
            Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
              iPad mini. Alpine Type R separates. Stealth boxes. Audiocontrol amp/dsp. Sony head unit.
              Great setup. Have the mini in the Tundra. Working on getting it into the M. If you aren't already jailbroken, do it. Activator app makes Mini act like a standard HU (turn on/off with key, launch most recent app, tons of customizable gestures, different profiles for home/car/office). Makes it seamless in the Tundra. Take a look at CarOS (Apple Carplay emulator) - very good on iPad (even if not jailbroken).

Edit: Love the connectors.

Edit 2: After throwing away good money on Dynavin crap, iPad Mini + HU w/ FM tuner blows everything else away. Best touchscreen out there. Jailbreak removes all the bs Apple limitations. Waze, Google Maps, Youtube, BT, streaming music, phone. And completely removable from the car to use wherever you want.

Mike
              Last edited by nuc1; 02-10-2021, 05:06 PM.
              02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
              11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
              16 X5

Comment

The Lloyd Dobler is the best radio.

Name:	sayanything_hed.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	84222
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by nuc1 View Post
                  Great setup. Have the mini in the Tundra. Working on getting it into the M. If you aren't already jailbroken, do it. Activator app makes Mini act like a standard HU (turn on/off with key, launch most recent app, tons of customizable gestures, different profiles for home/car/office). Makes it seamless in the Tundra. Take a look at CarOS (Apple Carplay emulator) - very good on iPad (even if not jailbroken).

Edit: Love the connectors.

Edit 2: After throwing away good money on Dynavin crap, iPad Mini + HU w/ FM tuner blows everything else away. Best touchscreen out there. Jailbreak removes all the bs Apple limitations. Waze, Google Maps, Youtube, BT, streaming music, phone. And completely removable from the car to use wherever you want.

Mike
                  Thanks for tips. I did not know about Activator or CarOS. I will check them out.

Jesse
                  Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                    The Lloyd Dobler is the best radio.

Name:	sayanything_hed.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	84222
                    Right on!
                    Old, not obsolete.