This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

Yes I ran the 359 wheels. I ran 255/35 in the front and 285/30 in the back. It was a very flush setup It rubbed very little in the back but not much. The fronts I had to camber in a little bit.
    Cool. THANKS. I wonder how a 245/40-19 275/35 would fit. Not as wide, but slightly taller.

Comment

So I'm running stock 19" Style 67's (all stock everything suspension wise, except old tires which are 235/265 Conti DWS06 All Season)... and it's new tire time... old not mileage due to life (and Covid) interference... I may just roll the dice and try to get my money out of these shoes (if I have 15k on them since 2016 I'd be shocked)...

But I'm thinking about sizes... it seems like I can go 235/275 and be at like 80.0 (8" front) and 80.1 (9.5" rear) in rolling diameter according to the OP's stats and calculations...

liam821 Have I read that correctly? If I'm not going to see tons of miles on the tires I may as well fully utilize the tread out back, is my reasoning... I've since put ECU and TCU tunes (and probably new rear struts) on the car, which should help.

Any thoughts? Thanks Gents,

maw
      Last edited by maw1124; 05-05-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
        So I'm running stock 19" Style 67's (all stock everything suspension wise, except old tires which are 235/265 Conti DWS06 All Season)... and it's new tire time... old not mileage due to life (and Covid) interference... I may just roll the dice and try to get my money out of these shoes (if I have 15k on them since 2016 I'd be shocked)...

But I'm thinking about sizes... it seems like I can go 235/275 and be at like 80.0 (8" front) and 80.1 (9.5" rear) in rolling diameter according to the OP's stats and calculations...

liam821 Have I read that correctly? If I'm not going to see tons of miles on the tires I may as well fully utilize the tread out back, is my reasoning... I've since put ECU and TCU tunes (and probably new rear struts) on the car, which should help.

Any thoughts? Thanks Gents,

maw
        maw1124 Sorry, just saw this, I think the reason why the first page recommends a 235/265 is it keeps the stock stagger ratio. I'd think running a really big rear tire and a small front 235/275 would cause understeer at the limit.
        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

This may have been asked already, but has anyone run 285/35-18 on a 18x10 et25 rear wheel? With stock alignment and minimal lowering will it fit?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
            This may have been asked already, but has anyone run 285/35-18 on a 18x10 et25 rear wheel? With stock alignment and minimal lowering will it fit?
            I'd get a second opinion, but it should fit.
            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Has anyone run 255/40/18 square on a 9.5" wheel? Tyre shortage forcing me to move away from the 265/35/18 I had ordered.

Comment

I'm running 255/40/17 on a 9.5". I have no complaints. Not sure what problem could possibly arise on the street, there's no downside. My car only sees a few track events each year, so having the most absolute grip was not a concern nor a cost I felt compelled to endure.

I was happy with the 235 squared that came from the factory on the 95 M3. I tried to emulate that setup.

Comment

Can we see. 😬?!

Comment

Hey Guys…back from a a several month hiatus. This was a tire size discussion that several of you helped with. To update, bought the 02 silver titanium convertible in late September. No mods other than the wheels. SSR GT3s. I have replaced the fronts with 245/35/19 Pilot 4S. The rears are ready and currently have 285/35/19 Pilot SS. I have had NO rubbing front or back but I do not track the car and have yet to run it very hard. The question: if I replace the rears with 275s will there be a dramatic difference? Yall have asked how wide are the rears? 10.5(measured with the tire on the wheel).

Comment

Originally posted by Cb3319 View Post
                      Hey Guys…back from a a several month hiatus. This was a tire size discussion that several of you helped with. To update, bought the 02 silver titanium convertible in late September. No mods other than the wheels. SSR GT3s. I have replaced the fronts with 245/35/19 Pilot 4S. The rears are ready and currently have 285/35/19 Pilot SS. I have had NO rubbing front or back but I do not track the car and have yet to run it very hard. The question: if I replace the rears with 275s will there be a dramatic difference? Yall have asked how wide are the rears? 10.5(measured with the tire on the wheel).
                      This will answer your questions exactly as you can enter your current tire/rim setup and your new tire/rim setup and then see precisely what the differences will be with respect to circumference, ride height, offset, etc.

Alloy Wheel & tyre fitment calculator - it calculates inset, poke, speedo error, tyre stretch and loads more.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                        Has anyone run 255/40/18 square on a 9.5" wheel? Tyre shortage forcing me to move away from the 265/35/18 I had ordered.
                        It's a stock size, so it seems perfect to me.

275/30/19 would be the most popular rear size. 285/30/19 would work as well but harder to find.
                        2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

I just fitted 235/40/19 front and 265/35/19 rear PS 4s to both maintain rolling circumference front to rear as well as to try to dial back the natural speedometer error.

Comment

Good morning all…so it seems Michelin Pilot 4S is not offered in 275/30/19 or 285/30/19. The local vendors seem to only be able to get 275/35 or 285/35. If I read correctly, the difference is that the 35 will stand a bit taller, right? Again, my fronts are new and 245/35. Thoughts?

Comment

Good morning all…so it seems Michelin Pilot 4S is not offered in 275/30/19 or 285/30/19. The local vendors seem to only be able to get 275/35 or 285/35. If I read correctly, the difference is that the 35 will stand a bit taller, right? Again, my fronts are new and 245/35. Thoughts?
                              here ya go. A 245/40 and 275/35 have an almost identical diameter. A 245/35 is almost an inch shorter than a 275/35. If you look at the revolutions though, the difference is huge
                              Last edited by Rkymtnrider; 07-03-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Tirerack has 275 in stock and 285 in stock in less than two weeks.
                                2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Working...
                                X