No announcement yet.

CSL Bootlid price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cancelled my order last month from ECS. i placed it November of 2019 and they were never able to fulfill it.

Comment

Originally posted by M3AN ONE View Post
      I cancelled my order last month from ECS. i placed it November of 2019 and they were never able to fulfill it.
      Woah really November!!! I am feeling less confident about my order placed in May now lol.
      2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
      2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
      Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

So to be all on the same page, these orders that have not been fulfilled were at the <$1000 price?

What is someone willing to pay for a landed CSL trunk? :-)
        2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Originally posted by FCD46 View Post
          So to be all on the same page, these orders that have not been fulfilled were at the <$1000 price?

What is someone willing to pay for a landed CSL trunk? :-)
          Asking for a friend??
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Update on ECS CSL trunk availability. My order has been delayed again until May 28th. I placed my order almost 1 year ago for $1198.95, currently the price is $2495.00 with an availability of "Backordered no ETA" At this point I don't think the order will be fulfilled but I wont cancel it maybe I will get lucky.
            2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
            2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
            Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Asking for a friend??
              I ordered two, got one painted ILB for my car.. putting the other away in storage until the pricing figures itself out.

I’d like to profit, but at this rate it’s worth more tucked away as pricing as tripled through covid and others are getting cancelled.
              Attached Files
              2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Its extremely frustrating that ECS canceled orders then upped the price and still have them listed for sale.
                2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

I am currently looking if anyone has any leads! Even on a rep... but without the handle. Thanks all

Comment

These were going for less than $1000 all day about 4-5 years ago. We should've bought 3-4 for the rainy day lol
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                      These were going for less than $1000 all day about 4-5 years ago.
                      literally month before covid it was $980, then jumped to $1800 then current price $2800

2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

I bought mine before the price jump and ended up taking it in the ass having to pay for the price increase which happened before Schmiedmann was able to ship mine.
                        At least I got it though. Makes me wonder if I ought to get a few extra CSL air filters.
                        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                          Makes me wonder if I ought to get a few extra CSL air filters.
                          I became a vendor for them if you’re serious lol, I may match your purchase size if it makes sense
                          2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

I bought mine before the price jump and ended up taking it in the ass having to pay for the price increase which happened before Schmiedmann was able to ship mine.
                            At least I got it though. Makes me wonder if I ought to get a few extra CSL air filters.
                            What makes you think CSL Air filters, which is an important part to a certain vehicle, will disappear/price increase? Price will be what it is at the time of purchase and most of us will have to pay it whether we like it or not...unless someone comes up with an alternative and i am not talking about those shitty foam filters.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

What makes you think CSL Air filters, which is an important part to a certain vehicle, will disappear/price increase? Price will be what it is at the time of purchase and most of us will have to pay it whether we like it or not...unless someone comes up with an alternative and i am not talking about those shitty foam filters.
                              Nothing in particular, and I would hope just as you said that BMW wouldn't all of the sudden pull a more integral part. But I do worry that maybe they will become stupid expensive, in which case I may buy a few now and stuff them away.
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Nothing in particular, and I would hope just as you said that BMW wouldn't all of the sudden pull a more integral part. But I do worry that maybe they will become stupid expensive, in which case I may buy a few now and stuff them away.
                                FYI do not buy and store them! Buy fresh if possible. I did just that and had 2 spare filters since I am in Bahrain so thought it'll be good to keep them in an air conditioned room etc. When i removed it from the packaging to install it the rubber outer parts melted and crumbled in my hands. My theory on that is that storage of these filters, the oil on the filters eats the rubber outer part.

Comment

Working...
                                X