CSL Bootlid price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

FYI do not buy and store them! Buy fresh if possible. I did just that and had 2 spare filters since I am in Bahrain so thought it'll be good to keep them in an air conditioned room etc. When i removed it from the packaging to install it the rubber outer parts melted and crumbled in my hands. My theory on that is that storage of these filters, the oil on the filters eats the rubber outer part.
    Ah yes, I remember you posting that, hell maybe vacuum bagging? Although if your theory is correct that may not do much good.
    I just want to avoid paying $500+ for an airfilter 10 years from now. It's hard to know what will and won't be NLA, and with that mindset and the fact I like hoarding parts that's a dangerous mindset.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Ah yes, I remember you posting that, hell maybe vacuum bagging? Although if your theory is correct that may not do much good.
      I just want to avoid paying $500+ for an airfilter 10 years from now. It's hard to know what will and won't be NLA, and with that mindset and the fact I like hoarding parts that's a dangerous mindset.
      ITG filters are always an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
      Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
      Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
      Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
      Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
      Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

If it got bad enough, we could band together and get a company to make a filter for us (group buy).

With regular cleaning, I don't envisage needing to buy too often. They don't get too dirty for most of us (well, maybe in Bahrain) and most of us don't drive too much.
        Last edited by Tbonem3; 03-02-2021, 07:30 AM.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I'm guessing they don't make one now, but has anyone ever reached out to Mahle, Mann, Hengst or any of the other OEM filter manufacturers to see if this is something they're interested in making? Or is the CSL such a niche that it's not worth it?
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post

ITG filters are always an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I know, just a sucker for OE, although I guess my airbox isn't OE at that.
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
              I'm guessing they don't make one now, but has anyone ever reached out to Mahle, Mann, Hengst or any of the other OEM filter manufacturers to see if this is something they're interested in making? Or is the CSL such a niche that it's not worth it?
              I doubt they’ll do anything for the minority but it could be worth a shot. BMC a make the CSL filter for BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                If it got bad enough, we could band together and get a company to make a filter for us (group buy).

With regular cleaning, I don't envisage needing to buy too often. They don't get too dirty for most of us (well, maybe in Bahrain) and most of us don't drive too much.
                Good idea, as long as it isn’t foam filters. I hate those.

Comment

Lol looks like ECS removed the OE CSL trunk from their website for the time being
                  2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                    Lol looks like ECS removed the OE CSL trunk from their website for the time being
                    They still have the page, although it's harder to find as it's not currently designated to fit the E46 M3 for some reason.
                    2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                    [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post

They still have the page, although it's harder to find as it's not currently designated to fit the E46 M3 for some reason.
                      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...007895884~oee/
                      They probably did that to cut the demand down while the page admin is too lazy to actually remove it from the catalog temporarily. Lol
                      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Just emailed APMotorsport about the OEM CSL Trunk. They're listing the OEM trunk on their site for 2,295 british pounds (~$3,200 USD) and have advised me that this is now the retail price in the UK, and that prices could very likely be rising again in the near future beyond what we're seeing on the usual vendors (ECS/Schmiedmann/Turner/etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post
                          Just emailed APMotorsport about the OEM CSL Trunk. They're listing the OEM trunk on their site for 2,295 british pounds (~$3,200 USD) and have advised me that this is now the retail price in the UK, and that prices could very likely be rising again in the near future beyond what we're seeing on the usual vendors (ECS/Schmiedmann/Turner/etc.).
                          Guess I’m hoping and paying for a a good rep then.
                          2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Guess I’m hoping and paying for a a good rep then.
                            Or just keep the stock one - similar weight, perfect fitment and costs nothing

Comment

Recently ordered two more for clients, it’s roughly $3500/ea landed in US.

Order shows 45days, we’ll see.
                              2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Originally posted by FCD46 View Post
                                Recently ordered two more for clients, it’s roughly $3500/ea landed in US.

Order shows 45days, we’ll see.
                                Through which vendor are you placing orders?

Comment

Working...
                                X