Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedster
    replied
    Anyone has any experience or comments about the CSL trunk from Umnitza?

Leave a comment:

• Obioban
    replied
    Originally posted by r4dr View Post

In my experience in the E30 world, it's the weird BMW-specific parts that start disappearing. Trim pieces, kidney grilles, the metal window borders. BMW doesn't give a fuck about their old cars, otherwise they'd set up a real classic division a la Porsche Classic and charge people up the ass for parts.
    Yeah... I'm just hopeful that the ~18,000 total e30 M3s vs the ~88,000 e46 M3s will work in our favor there :P

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    replied
    Originally posted by Obioban View Post
    One of the nice things about the e46 M3 being the best selling M3 ever is that we should have better than average part support. Even if BMW stops ordering, their suppliers are more than average likely to continue offering the parts.
    In my experience in the E30 world, it's the weird BMW-specific parts that start disappearing. Trim pieces, kidney grilles, the metal window borders. BMW doesn't give a fuck about their old cars, otherwise they'd set up a real classic division a la Porsche Classic and charge people up the ass for parts.

Leave a comment:

• Ag09243
    replied
    Yes, but ECS is charging for shipping when checking out. Tuner has free shipping. Just saying incase BMWahba paid for shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Inizes
    replied
    Originally posted by Ag09243 View Post

Tuner has it at the same price with free shipping.
    Turner = ECS. ECS owns Turner.

Leave a comment:

• Ag09243
    replied
    Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
    I panic bought the lid and interior trunk trim from ECS, ETA is Feb 8th, 2021. Hopefully they honor the price?
    Tuner has it at the same price with free shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Inizes
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
    Group buy?! Their stuff does look excellent. Would love to see it mounted and fitted.
    I could get on board depending on price and fitment...

Leave a comment:

• BMWahba
    replied
    Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

If you scroll down they translate the Russian

I’ve messaged them before to ask about it and it is molded off a genuine CSL bootlid
    3.5kg weight vs the 11+ of the OE one. Full prepreg carbon construction and they claim fitment is 100% accurate. Ships worldwide also.

They seem reputable also with someone I know in the UK buying a rear seat delete from them without issues.

Very well made products.
    Group buy?! Their stuff does look excellent. Would love to see it mounted and fitted.

Leave a comment:

• Arith2
    replied
    Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
    I panic bought the lid and interior trunk trim from ECS, ETA is Feb 8th, 2021. Hopefully they honor the price?
    ECS does price matching so they more than likely will. They can probably afford to honor a few of these unlike smaller companies. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Leave a comment:

• Will ZCPM3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• antknee
    replied
    Originally posted by tnord View Post
    do we need a sticky for parts that are experiencing increases in price, supply issues, or are NLA?

how long does BMW usually keep making parts? I think somebody said earlier that e30 guys are having problems with availability of certain things? what do we need to start stockpiling?
    its really hit/miss with E30 parts and trying to figure what parts will be in demand. For example i think a couple of the big ticket items that are NLA with the E30 M3 are the front strut housings & rear exterior C-pillar replacements. with our cars CSL parts will always be a top dollar demand item.....including airboxes. We've seen companies like Vorsteiner NLA their products for E46 M3s....and think other companies that produce products for our car will follow suit as these cars get older.

Leave a comment:

• Obioban
    replied
    One of the nice things about the e46 M3 being the best selling M3 ever is that we should have better than average part support. Even if BMW stops ordering, their suppliers are more than average likely to continue offering the parts.

Leave a comment:

• Inizes
    replied
    Originally posted by tnord View Post
    do we need a sticky for parts that are experiencing increases in price, supply issues, or are NLA?

how long does BMW usually keep making parts? I think somebody said earlier that e30 guys are having problems with availability of certain things? what do we need to start stockpiling?
    CSL front wheels (jk it’s too late)

I’ve heard maybe m-performance e-brakes.

Leave a comment:

• tnord
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jbfrancis3
    replied
    I wonder if Karbonius has a CSL trunk in their pipeline of eventual products.

A year ago, I asked them about plans to make a CSL rear diffuser. Ana said they had an issue with the mold and didn't plan to offer it, at least not at the moment (direct quote).

Not a great sign but still worth asking the question

Leave a comment:

Working...
X