X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norocehcap
    replied
    Originally posted by M3AN ONE View Post
    I cancelled my order last month from ECS. i placed it November of 2019 and they were never able to fulfill it.
    Woah really November!!! I am feeling less confident about my order placed in May now lol.

Leave a comment:

• M3AN ONE
    replied
    I cancelled my order last month from ECS. i placed it November of 2019 and they were never able to fulfill it.

Leave a comment:

• TosM3
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

No one can say for sure. Only when Covid ends and supply chains return to normal will we know for sure. The thing that is worrying me is that the CSL is 17 years old and was extremely low production. It is not out of the question that BMW will stop making these parts since CSL parts are one-offs spec'd only to the M3 CSL. CSL parts probably cost BMW a fortune make with not much markup due to the low volumes compared to the parts for cars that are produced in normal volumes.
    This is interesting. I should have ordered when a batch of these was for sale. I do not want to order one for 2k that is on ecs. I will wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Norocehcap
    replied
    Just got an email from ECS with an updated shipping date of March 29th. On the order status on ECS website it says a delivery date of April 1-5. I don't remember if there was an actual delivery date listed before. Feeling confident about it since I think the order would have already been canceled if I was not going to get it. Thanks ECS for honoring the original price also!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Norocehcap
    replied
    My order from May 14th at ECS still has not been canceled. I have already paid and they have not asked me for more money and said I will get a trunk eventually and my order is very high on the list to get one. My shipping date is March 26th. Fingers crossed now that I am hearing about needing a CSL vin #. I don't care how long it takes them as long as I get it.
    Last edited by Norocehcap; 12-31-2020, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• M3logik
    replied
    I too had a CSL trunk on order for months that was cancelled, only to find the price had been bumped up by another $800 with a new shipping date of 2-3 days out. Ended up finding one locally (paid through though the nose for it!).

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    replied
    Realistically speaking I'd rather BMW bend me over with parts that are available for E30 and E46 cars versus them being NLA permanently.

Please BMW

Leave a comment:

• bmw m3 s50
    replied
    Originally posted by TosM3 View Post
    is this a temporary issue because of covid?
    Or is this new pricing moving forward
    No one can say for sure. Only when Covid ends and supply chains return to normal will we know for sure. The thing that is worrying me is that the CSL is 17 years old and was extremely low production. It is not out of the question that BMW will stop making these parts since CSL parts are one-offs spec'd only to the M3 CSL. CSL parts probably cost BMW a fortune make with not much markup due to the low volumes compared to the parts for cars that are produced in normal volumes.
    Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 12-30-2020, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TosM3
    replied
    is this a temporary issue because of covid?
    Or is this new pricing moving forward

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    replied
    Originally posted by Portlandgrey View Post
    From a UK forum :
    BMW AG wants a CSL VIN, a V5 with that VIN on it and also a photo of the damage on the CSL boot that is being replaced.

Info in above para came from Parks Hamilton. They are pretty peed off too as they used to sell them by the bucket load...

Parks is a UK main dealer.
    Interesting. I wonder if the situation with CSL 8.5" front wheels will end up being the same way. If that's the case, I can't see ECS/Turner being able to sell them like they used to.

Leave a comment:

• Portlandgrey
    replied
    From a UK forum :
    BMW AG wants a CSL VIN, a V5 with that VIN on it and also a photo of the damage on the CSL boot that is being replaced.

Info in above para came from Parks Hamilton. They are pretty peed off too as they used to sell them by the bucket load...

Parks is a UK main dealer.

Leave a comment:

• Will ZCPM3
    replied
    Turner is still showing the trunk for sale, but has increased their price to $2273.74. Kinda sucks that they canceled my order if they're still selling these. Maybe bc they didn't want to honor the lower price?

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    replied
    Seems crazy to me that if this is a known inevitability, that they don't have the OE parts wrapped in bubble wrap in a fire-proof warehouse. Their business literally can't function until he sources an OE part that's NLA and hard to track down... wild. But I guess hindsight is 20/20.

Leave a comment:

• ej257
    replied
    Originally posted by Slideways View Post

I would think he could borrow one of his previously made ones and make a new mold off that since it is from the OE mold. Anyone in near him willing to lend him the part?
    Generally you want to always make the mother mold from an original piece, so you avoid making molds from a copy - to ensure quality fitment, but I don't have experience in making composites 🤷‍♂️

Leave a comment:

• Slideways
    replied
    Originally posted by ej257 View Post

I emailed them a couple months back about getting a diffuser (it's all made to order if you reach out) and he tried about 3 times to make the diffuser before giving up due to the mold. Last I know he was in the process of trying to source an OEM part to make a new diffuser mold. Not sure on the status of that.
    I would think he could borrow one of his previously made ones and make a new mold off that since it is from the OE mold. Anyone in near him willing to lend him the part?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X