X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lip
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Ah yes, I remember you posting that, hell maybe vacuum bagging? Although if your theory is correct that may not do much good.
    I just want to avoid paying $500+ for an airfilter 10 years from now. It's hard to know what will and won't be NLA, and with that mindset and the fact I like hoarding parts that's a dangerous mindset.
    ITG filters are always an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

FYI do not buy and store them! Buy fresh if possible. I did just that and had 2 spare filters since I am in Bahrain so thought it'll be good to keep them in an air conditioned room etc. When i removed it from the packaging to install it the rubber outer parts melted and crumbled in my hands. My theory on that is that storage of these filters, the oil on the filters eats the rubber outer part.
    Ah yes, I remember you posting that, hell maybe vacuum bagging? Although if your theory is correct that may not do much good.
    I just want to avoid paying $500+ for an airfilter 10 years from now. It's hard to know what will and won't be NLA, and with that mindset and the fact I like hoarding parts that's a dangerous mindset.

Leave a comment:

• 0-60motorsports
    replied

Nothing in particular, and I would hope just as you said that BMW wouldn't all of the sudden pull a more integral part. But I do worry that maybe they will become stupid expensive, in which case I may buy a few now and stuff them away.
    FYI do not buy and store them! Buy fresh if possible. I did just that and had 2 spare filters since I am in Bahrain so thought it'll be good to keep them in an air conditioned room etc. When i removed it from the packaging to install it the rubber outer parts melted and crumbled in my hands. My theory on that is that storage of these filters, the oil on the filters eats the rubber outer part.

Leave a comment:

• Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

What makes you think CSL Air filters, which is an important part to a certain vehicle, will disappear/price increase? Price will be what it is at the time of purchase and most of us will have to pay it whether we like it or not...unless someone comes up with an alternative and i am not talking about those shitty foam filters.
    Nothing in particular, and I would hope just as you said that BMW wouldn't all of the sudden pull a more integral part. But I do worry that maybe they will become stupid expensive, in which case I may buy a few now and stuff them away.

Leave a comment:

• 0-60motorsports
    replied
    I bought mine before the price jump and ended up taking it in the ass having to pay for the price increase which happened before Schmiedmann was able to ship mine.
    At least I got it though. Makes me wonder if I ought to get a few extra CSL air filters.
    What makes you think CSL Air filters, which is an important part to a certain vehicle, will disappear/price increase? Price will be what it is at the time of purchase and most of us will have to pay it whether we like it or not...unless someone comes up with an alternative and i am not talking about those shitty foam filters.

Leave a comment:

• FCD46
    replied
    Makes me wonder if I ought to get a few extra CSL air filters.
    I became a vendor for them if you’re serious lol, I may match your purchase size if it makes sense

Leave a comment:

• Cubieman
    replied
    I bought mine before the price jump and ended up taking it in the ass having to pay for the price increase which happened before Schmiedmann was able to ship mine.
    At least I got it though. Makes me wonder if I ought to get a few extra CSL air filters.

Leave a comment:

• FCD46
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
    These were going for less than $1000 all day about 4-5 years ago.
    literally month before covid it was $980, then jumped to $1800 then current price $2800

Leave a comment:

• Maxima SE
    replied
    These were going for less than $1000 all day about 4-5 years ago. We should've bought 3-4 for the rainy day lol

Leave a comment:

• joshuatrueanderson
    replied
    I am currently looking if anyone has any leads! Even on a rep... but without the handle. Thanks all

Leave a comment:

• Will ZCPM3
    replied
    Its extremely frustrating that ECS canceled orders then upped the price and still have them listed for sale.

Leave a comment:

• FCD46
    replied
    Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Asking for a friend??
    I ordered two, got one painted ILB for my car.. putting the other away in storage until the pricing figures itself out.

I’d like to profit, but at this rate it’s worth more tucked away as pricing as tripled through covid and others are getting cancelled.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Norocehcap
    replied
    Update on ECS CSL trunk availability. My order has been delayed again until May 28th. I placed my order almost 1 year ago for $1198.95, currently the price is $2495.00 with an availability of "Backordered no ETA" At this point I don't think the order will be fulfilled but I wont cancel it maybe I will get lucky.

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    replied
    Originally posted by FCD46 View Post
    So to be all on the same page, these orders that have not been fulfilled were at the <$1000 price?

What is someone willing to pay for a landed CSL trunk? :-)
    Asking for a friend??

Leave a comment:

• FCD46
    replied
    So to be all on the same page, these orders that have not been fulfilled were at the <$1000 price?

What is someone willing to pay for a landed CSL trunk? :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X