X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOLFN8TR
    replied
    Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
    For those of you that have been around long enough like myself, this is BMW playing a game with its customers to basically laugh in your face by charging a hilarious price to see if anyone bites because they don't want your business. At 4K a unit, they figure "Fuck it. Why not produce it at these margins!"
    Totally...šŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• thegenius46m
    replied
    For those of you that have been around long enough like myself, this is BMW playing a game with its customers to basically laugh in your face by charging a hilarious price to see if anyone bites because they don't want your business. At 4K a unit, they figure "Fuck it. Why not produce it at these margins!"

The problem a lot of guys dont get here is that the price is only half the problem here. The REAL issue that concerns me is the lack of quality control AT a premium price point. Anyone who has the first revision of the CSL trunk (I want to say up to 2017 or 2018 production), the fitment and quality control was on par with what you all think you're paying for when you buy OE (a genuine factory bmw part with perfect fitment). Well these new ones are not only hilariously overpriced, but you're paying a premium for considerably LESS quality than what they were a few years ago.

At this point, it is a goldmine of an opportunity for a company like Millend to take over and produce an OE fit and finish like trunk that the market is desperately willing to pay for. His instagram pics look promising and a member here has one of Millend's CSL bumpers that is the best fitting I've seen, so if that is any indication of what the trunk will be when he is finished with the mold he is currently working on, I could care less about it having a roundel stamp anymore. Fit and finish should be a top priority for anyone buying one of these and I don't believe OE is really the answer anymore from what my shop has seen comparing the two OE trunk revisions side by side.

Leave a comment:

• Norocehcap
    replied
    I received another updated shipping date from ECS, June 1st.

Leave a comment:

• SteelGreyM
    replied
    Wow thatā€™s insane. They werenā€™t showing back ordered when you guys ordered. Iā€™d be pissed.

Leave a comment:

• 0-60motorsports
    replied
    I purchase mine for $1200 from the local dealer in February 2020 and it arrived after 9 months lol

Leave a comment:

• Icecream
    replied
    Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
    Who would have ever guessed CSL trunks are bringing better returns than the stock market. I think it's a worthy mod to do for $1k, but at $4k there is a very limited amount of people who have both the means and desire to buy one. Hopefully BMW will rethink their pricing when these trunks start to sit around unsold. I passed on a rough E46 M3 last month for roughly $4k for an entire car.
    BMW wonā€™t rethink shit. The only thing they rethink is oil. I agree though 4K is a hard pass unless I had a mint collector grade example or if mine rockets in value to 30k. Too bad, I need a new trunk too. I knew this would happen and just kept putting it off, price was too good.

Leave a comment:

• Norocehcap
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post
    Doesnt ecs/turner sell these for 2500
    I placed an order in May for $1200 and I'm still waiting for it, I don't think it's coming lol.
    Last edited by Norocehcap; 03-10-2021, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SteelGreyM
    replied
    Doesnt ecs/turner sell these for 2500

Leave a comment:

• SteelGreyM
    replied
    Does ecs/turner sell these for 2500

Leave a comment:

• WOLFN8TR
    replied
    Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    Iā€™ve rarely felt it was a ā€œsmartā€ decision to buy an expensive, essentially pointless automobile part, but my $977 OE CSL trunk invoice isnā€™t looking so bad anymore
    No doubt! I bought mine for $1100 already painted to match my car.

Leave a comment:

• Tbonem3
    replied
    Pepperidge farm remembers

Leave a comment:

• Inizes
    replied
    Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
    Who would have ever guessed CSL trunks are bringing better returns than the stock market. I think it's a worthy mod to do for $1k, but at $4k there is a very limited amount of people who have both the means and desire to buy one. Hopefully BMW will rethink their pricing when these trunks start to sit around unsold. I passed on a rough E46 M3 last month for roughly $4k for an entire car.
    Remember last year when you sent me the slightly damaged one on ECS for $800 and I passed? I remember šŸ˜”

Leave a comment:

• Titaniu//M
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Will ZCPM3
    replied
    Man, I purchased a trunk from MMS tuning way back in the day and got ripped off for $2,000. Never saw the trunk. Fast forward to a yea or so ago, I was going to buy a trunk and figured no rush. Now I doubt I'll ever buy one....haha.

Leave a comment:

• BMWahba
    replied
    Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
    Iā€™ve rarely felt it was a ā€œsmartā€ decision to buy an expensive, essentially pointless automobile part, but my $977 OE CSL trunk invoice isnā€™t looking so bad anymore
    I feel I won the lottery buying mine when I did. I'd say the Slon or the eventual MileEnd trunks will be the way of the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X