CSL Bootlid price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Bootlid price increase?

I have had a CSL Bootlid on order from Schmiedmann since late May and was just told today that it got hung up at BMW because I paid $953 (which Schmiedmann payed BMW) and BMW now wants $1522 for this part. So now l if I want the bootlid its almost another $600!
    I asked Jacob at Schmiedmann about this and he was confident this was simply now the price for a CSL bootlids. I am somewhat uneasy about this, but if it is what it is than I'll just send them some more money, oh boy.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Thats crazy expensive but not a shocker. I lucked out and got mine for half of that....

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I wonder if this is a permanent price change or temporary because of demand. They didn’t make them for several months with COVID and they were/are impossible to find. I even looked into the UK at some people up there and I was told I would be order number 45 waiting. I’m curious how many orders are in from the US.
      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I doubt it will go down

Comment

It’s prob the new elevated price. With my e30 this would happen often as the cars got older. Soon it will be NLA

Comment

I ordered mine from ECS a couple months ago for $1190, which seems to still be the current price there ($1370 shipped).
            2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Comment

THis happens all the time on the E30, as quantity decreases, BMW raises the prices until it goes NLA. Bit of an asshole move if you ask me, but maybe that's why I'm not a shrewd business owner.

Comment

I received and email this morning about the price increase too. The issue I have with this is that Schmiedmann processed my payment thru Paypal back in May.

Comment

Are there ones or either lesser quality or FRP at a lower price point? If so, which are recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
                    Are there ones or either lesser quality or FRP at a lower price point? If so, which are recommended?
                    I would like to know this as well being that I am in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Ag09243 View Post
                      I received and email this morning about the price increase too. The issue I have with this is that Schmiedmann processed my payment thru Paypal back in May.
                      Same here, payed them for what the price as at that point in time (5/28/20 not 10/15/30) $953. Sent the rest today and I guess it will be here Tuesday so thats nice, but that $620 wasn't such a great thing
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

It's now up to $1831 on Shmiedmann...
                        2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by su45 View Post
                          It's now up to $1831 on Shmiedmann...
                          Panic buy ECS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I'm glad my car came with one. Mine's fiberglass though. I guess if you really NEED carbon fiber, $1800 is for you but fiberglass seem like the better compromise.
                            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Oem is fiberglass though, is it not?

I just sent a message to APMotorsport in the UK to see if they had an uptick in pricing. They had theirs listed at about $1500 shipped to Ohio with the trunk liner.

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X