Eventuri intake owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eventuri intake owners

I finally pulled the trigger on an Evolve Eventuri intake for my car. Has anyone with this intake changed the stock elbow?

Thanks in advance.

I have the Macht Schnell elbow installed with mine, probably doesn't do anything. Just remove your hood insulation and enjoy the sounds.

Comment

Are you asking for a bunch of yes/no answers, for dyno/power differences with different elbows, for loudest sound with different elbows?

To answer your question I did not change mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Same as Gooz. 🤙
        TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
        Evolve Eventuri
        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
          Are you asking for a bunch of yes/no answers, for dyno/power differences with different elbows, for loudest sound with different elbows?

To answer your question I did not change mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          In pretty sure it doesn’t make too much of a difference but was thinking it may improve airflow in combo with the new intake.

Comment

In theory, the smooth boot allows for less turbulence into the intake. Smooth vs ribbed. I think it probably helps, especially with an Eventuri. You want nice, smooth airflow. The stock boot will always be easier to install. Might be the difference of a few hp. I would assume BMW designed it to be less efficient for emissions reasons. It's a cheap way that gives some wiggle room if they needed more or less efficiency.
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

So I did some research and the ribbed portions on the stock boot are simply for fitment and it's slightly smalled for ID than a silicone boot. The angle is also sharper which doesn't help. In the ribs there low pressure zones that create turbulence which impedes flow. In a silicone boot this doesn't happen and the air will flow better into the plenum. With a larger ID, it will flow a bit slower but it's a miniscule amount. The MAF is the main restriction hence the elimination of it in the CSL. It is important to make sure you are keeping the front scoop and the duct on since the Eventuri pulls air from inside the engine bay. The Eventuri scoop, though expensive, is a very intelligent design because they understand the new intake location is in a low pressure zone where as the stock pulls air from high pressure areas. I say just make your own because it's a bit overpriced for a simple scoop. That brake duct is the highest pressure air you can pull from. That's why the CSL also pulls from there. I really think an enclosed CSL intake would optimize power similar to what the Castrol built car has.

Probably more info than you were looking for but this is a way you can make your $900 intake even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                So I did some research and the ribbed portions on the stock boot are simply for fitment and it's slightly smalled for ID than a silicone boot. The angle is also sharper which doesn't help. In the ribs there low pressure zones that create turbulence which impedes flow. In a silicone boot this doesn't happen and the air will flow better into the plenum. With a larger ID, it will flow a bit slower but it's a miniscule amount. The MAF is the main restriction hence the elimination of it in the CSL. It is important to make sure you are keeping the front scoop and the duct on since the Eventuri pulls air from inside the engine bay. The Eventuri scoop, though expensive, is a very intelligent design because they understand the new intake location is in a low pressure zone where as the stock pulls air from high pressure areas. I say just make your own because it's a bit overpriced for a simple scoop. That brake duct is the highest pressure air you can pull from. That's why the CSL also pulls from there. I really think an enclosed CSL intake would optimize power similar to what the Castrol built car has.

Probably more info than you were looking for but this is a way you can make your $900 intake even better.
                Very good information right here. Sine I’m already in for $900 I may as well just buy an intake boot even if if means minimal improvement. My goal is to get the best I can out of this intake. Thanks bro.

Comment

I kept stock elbow. Honestly, I didn't notice any measurable power gains, but I did it mainly for sound anyway, and it does not disappoint!
                  BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                    I kept stock elbow. Honestly, I didn't notice any measurable power gains, but I did it mainly for sound anyway, and it does not disappoint!
                    I fell in love with the sound clips on YouTube. I’m sure I’ll get a little something out of it once I tune my car and install headers. The sound alone is satisfying enough for me 👍

Comment

Oh it's definitely not going to give you any gains that are actually noticed. They're still there though. It's the difference of getting that fraction of a second improvement

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

Oh it's definitely not going to give you any gains that are actually noticed. They're still there though. It's the difference of getting that fraction of a second improvement
                        Maybe, That's honestly not what I'm after. I have other cars that are faster.

Comment

As much as Id love the CSL airbox, the price is way out of my league, and California draconian smog laws and testing make me shy away from any tuning, which is required for the CSL box.

am very interested in this Eventuri, but really it sounds like I am paying 1K for that awesome induction sound is what I think I am reading. Meh, worth it

Comment

Originally posted by cbean View Post
                            As much as Id love the CSL airbox, the price is way out of my league, and California draconian smog laws and testing make me shy away from any tuning, which is required for the CSL box.

am very interested in this Eventuri, but really it sounds like I am paying 1K for that awesome induction sound is what I think I am reading. Meh, worth it
                            You get some HP gains, I'm sure, its just won't be "wow, this thing flies now" after you put it on. But the sound would be like "wow, this sounds goooood now!".

Comment

You get some HP gains, I'm sure, its just won't be "wow, this thing flies now" after you put it on. But the sound would be like "wow, this sounds goooood now!".
                              I can’t wait to hear it installed. Unfortunately a friend of mine who works for BMW was repairing my convertible top and tested positive for covid yesterday. I’m going to have to wait a bit until I get the car back until I put it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X