No announcement yet.

Highest Mileage Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here I am feeling bad about crossing the 100k mark this week.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
      And here I am feeling bad about crossing the 100k mark this week.
      100,000 felt traumatic to me. After 100,000k, I haven’t worried about it— 200,000 was anti climatic.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Pretty cool to see these work horses! Well done all! I am curious about the flip side too...how low of mileage we’ve got.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

100,000 felt traumatic to me. After 100,000k, I haven’t worried about it— 200,000 was anti climatic.
          My m3 was a second hand bought used. All those miles werent mine so i felt privileged to witness it cross the 100k marker like i have some sort of responsibility to carry the torch lol

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post
            after delving into Porsche 996/997 ownership, this car feels like a reliable camry. 109k here.

so reliable, i'm debating swapping out my e90/330 for an e90/m3 instead of the P car.
            my understanding is that 996/997 aren't that bad aside from the IMS bearing thing on non-Mezger ones...?
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

my understanding is that 996/997 aren't that bad aside from the IMS bearing thing on non-Mezger ones...?
              The IMSB failure rate is also blown out of proportion, my 996.1 IMSB has a 1 or 2 % failure rate with a dual row bearing. A 996.2 has a 10 or 15% failure rate with the single row bearing and a 997 with the upgraded bearing has a less then 1% failure rate but all 996s get lumped together when people talk about IMSB. All these numbers are from the forums tho because Porsche has never released any info on this besides what we saw in the court case. 996 do have a few other bad engine problems along with the IMSB but If you change the bearing out with a clutch job it's alot cheaper and you eliminated the biggest problem a 996 has for around $3000.
              Last edited by Norocehcap; 07-29-2021, 08:37 AM.
              2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
              2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
              Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Also cylinder bore scoring (due, in large, to an iron coating on pistons failing) and d-chunking (cracked cylinder walls)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Also cylinder bore scoring (due, in large, to an iron coating on pistons failing) and d-chunking (cracked cylinder walls)
                  this. there are definitely issues with the S54 also, but you can get around it by throwing money and parts at it. The M96 has a couple issues that can't be dealt with outside of $25k+ rebuild. You can go buy these cars that have had the issues addressed (the primary builder of these in the US is booked out over a year last I heard), but then they're so close to GT3 money it seems like that's the better way to go.

as a follow up, I had my e90 330 sold and was going to go find an e90 M3 or e39 M5, but backed out because shuttling the kids around just beats on it too much. And I barely have time to maintain the fleet as is, I can't be adding another time hungry vehicle to the garage.

Comment

Currently at 323,000km on my m3 s54. Been using it as a daily(except winter) this year and still going strong. Did a full vanos rebuild last year and factory rod bearings changed at 318,000km, I was playing with fire.

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
                      Are we 12 or something?
                      Nope, just found the Fountain of Youth.

maw

Comment

09/03 build Going on 195k miles. Vanos & hub was only done a few thousand miles ago with no broken tabs. And the car gets driven hard. Rod bearings one once at 160k. Car can go 5k miles without burning a drop of oil. :woot:

Comment

getting closer to 280k miles.
                          "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                          ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
                            getting closer to 280k miles.
                            Very nice. About to hit 238k on mine. Might have to do cams and followers here soon.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Very nice. About to hit 238k on mine. Might have to do cams and followers here soon.
                              I'm thinking about doing the same.
                              "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                              ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

167k. Going for the big 200k
                                2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X