Rear camber issue after subframe reinforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear camber issue after subframe reinforcement

Hoping someone can help me figure this issue out...

I recently installed vincebar, vinceskinz, solid rear bushing, and monoball RTABs to solidfy the rear of my '02 daily. I took it in for an alignment, but the shop said they were unable to get the rear camber into spec. Factory spec is -2.0 to -1.5 degrees and they said the adjustment was maxed out at +1.5 degrees which is 3 degrees outside of the range on both sides.

Has anybody had an issue with too much positive camber after dropping the subframe and/or doing a reinforcement? I'm thinking I could install adjustable camber arms, but not sure if they would able to cover a gap that large. Thanks in advance!

adjustable arms will give enough adjustment.the stock arms are prone to bending which could be your case.it was with me.

Comment

When I first got my car the rtab brackets were wrong installed. They need to be inside the pocket. Maybe thats the case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190709_175427.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	66301
      2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

When you say solid rear bushings do you mean CMP solid subframe bushings? If so, those raise the subframe a bit in an attempt to correct the roll center geometry that gets messed up when you lower the car. You'll need camber arms if you want to stay at stock height and want to get the rear camber back in spec.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Zekarus View Post
          When I first got my car the rtab brackets were wrong installed. They need to be inside the pocket. Maybe thats the case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190709_175427.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	66301
          looooool how did whoever did that get that wrong?!

Comment

Well, I done goofed. Rushing to put it back together and put the rtab brackets in upside down lol. That’s a big hit to the pride. Thanks for the help Zekarus

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post

looooool how did whoever did that get that wrong?!
              that was exactly my reaction to when i found out. subframe was reinforced from Import Performance INC in Raleigh, NC. so I guess they fu**ed this up. and they used a sealer that doesn't dries. so i have to drop the subframe this winter to do their job again.
              2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by benzthis View Post
                adjustable arms will give enough adjustment.the stock arms are prone to bending which could be your case.it was with me.
                This was exactly what happened to me also.

Comment

Working...
                X