No announcement yet.

CSL Airbox Rattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm for some reason the pics in the previous post seem to have gotten mixed up with other people's pics, weird.

Anyway, just to provide an update on this. The heat shrink ended up tearing after taking the unfiltered section off a few times. Decided to instead replace the foam gasket with something thicker. Reached out to Karbonius for product recommendations and they ended up sending me a roll of foam gasket for free. Super pleased with their customer service.

What they sent me is the same thickness as what's already there, so I added a layer of it to the bottom of the unfiltered section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210429_182112.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	102639

Rattle is gone once again, but time will tell if this fix is permanent. Although I will say that this feels much more solid than the heat shrink, so I'm guessing it will last longer.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
    X