M3 Floor Mats NLA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sina View Post
    I assume the backs on new floormats still deteriorate over time like on the originals? Or did they update the design/materials?
    Nah, I got a new set of Grey (to go with my TiAg over Imola) and they were just as bad as the originals. It's not just this car. My S55 mats had the same issue, and so did the new set. I think it's just the supplier and design from this era that were for shit.

For the E46M I went with factory all weather mats, with which I've been happy. This car sees lots of beach sand (such is its duty), so the all weathers just work and are easy to live with. Greys are in storage. As someone said, this car is not at a loss for Motorsport logos inside or out, so I don't miss the logo on the floor mats. If not the all weathers I would go with cocomats, which have long been collector approved in all cars.

Custom Cocomats are luxury auto floor mats that are made to order specifically for your auto using the highest quality Coco and Sisal Fibres. Please contact us at 800-461-3533 for more information.

They started as a BMW alternative mat.

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 11-21-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

So I took a pic of the back of my new mats today. They definitely look like a new and improved design vs what came with the car. Also I see what I believe to be a production date? July 2020?

Comment

Yes those look different on the backs.
        Is that black colored foam on backside or do they now not put any soft foam on back? That soft grey foam material is what always peeled away. Would make sense they finally just stopped using it.

Also you can see difference with your Genuine BMW parts mats compared to some cheaper one posted. The ///M embroidery on the copy looks way off compared to real ///M3. That would bother me.
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Doesn't appear to be any soft foam on the back anymore.

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
          Yes those look different on the backs.
          Is that black colored foam on backside or do they now not put any soft foam on back? That soft grey foam material is what always peeled away. Would make sense they finally just stopped using it.

Also you can see difference with your Genuine BMW parts mats compared to some cheaper one posted. The ///M embroidery on the copy looks way off compared to real ///M3. That would bother me.

Comment

They been like this for couple of years now, or even more. Come to think of it, none of the mats I bought in the last 3 or 4 years had the foam backing, and I bought a lot.
            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

2 weeks ago I ordered a set from bimmerworld, a set from pelican and a set from eBay. All 3 orders have been canceled.
              2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
              2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
              Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

I also had an order from eBay and bimmerworld. Both were canceled. These things really are NLA I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                  You can always buy the factory bayonets (hooks) and convert. It uses the same hole where the plastic Velcro pad twists into floor. Did this on my last three sets. The Velcro pads just peel off in short time.

I do like how these particular coupe ones are cleaner not having the heel pad. But at same time also know the incorporated “heel pad” section is very functional as I wear a patch in them every time.

Honestly BMW mats are just ok. If these were NLA I would be fine buying something better like PRESTIGE or Lloyd mats. The cut pile thickness and edging is far superior to the factory mats.
                  Thanks for the tip! I used to buy mats as a consumable until they started using the cheap foam backing. I'll checkout prestige.

Comment

Update from Bimmerworld this afternoon.

They’re supposed to be receiving a shipment by the end of the week. I gave them the convertible floor mat part number so I’m not sure if it applies to all M3 mats or just convertible ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                      Update from Bimmerworld this afternoon.

They’re supposed to be receiving a shipment by the end of the week. I gave them the convertible floor mat part number so I’m not sure if it applies to all M3 mats or just convertible ones.
                      Nice! Bimmerworld asked me if I wanted to cancel my order or keep it open and they will send future updates of availability. I kept my order open for a set of mats for a coupe but have not heard anything yet. The bimmerworld rep said the mats were backordered in Germany but did not say they are NLA yet.
                      2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                      2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                      Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

I just bought a set from a dealer local to me. Paid full price 😳. The guy who helped me said they are NLA in their system. Not sure if true but he said the manufacturer that made them no longer exists.

Comment

Originally posted by luc405 View Post
                          I just bought a set from a dealer local to me. Paid full price 😳. The guy who helped me said they are NLA in their system. Not sure if true but he said the manufacturer that made them no longer exists.
                          Great! What’s the dealer location? Maybe someone else on here can go there and buy a set.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Great! What’s the dealer location? Maybe someone else on here can go there and buy a set.
                            It was New Century BMW, their last set. They told me BMW of Monrovia has atleast one set also.

Comment

Update from Bimmerworld. Still on back order. They haven’t charged me yet so I don’t mind waiting.
                              Attached Files

Comment

So I called Monrovia and they had 0, but they were kind enough to let me know the remaining dealers in the US that had some left. I got the last one Valencia BMW had, it took me waiting on hold for almost 20 mins for them to confirm.

They told me that Long beach BMW shows as having one, and Peabody BMW in Massachusetts having 4. He mentioned there are some in NY as well but he didnt provide names.

The new mats are a bit different and feel like theyre going to hold up way better.

Comment

Working...
                                X