Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

Your fluid is just too hot then.
    That's just something that happens when you take your car to the track or go drifting. Many other track guys have that issue.

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post
    I usually wrap a paper shop towel around the cap and zip tie it, it keeps everything clean.
    Yeah I had an old sock on the cap this summer, looking for something a bit more permanent and cleaner though.. Got a cheap reservoir off ebay for like $10, just need a small length of hose and some small fittings and it's good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post

That's just something that happens when you take your car to the track or go drifting. Many other track guys have that issue.
      Yep. Luckily I run Eventuri so super easy to get to and clean up, but annoying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

BMW PS systems need more volume and or real cooling for the track. I have that M3Post fix on my track car right now and it definitely cleans up the mess, but it introduces more crap in the engine bay and the proper solution is to loop in an actual cooler.

Even if you don’t have overflow, the PS fluid getting that hot means you’re not helping the lifespan of your rack. Proper cooling is the long term solution, ideally in addition to a larger reservoir.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
          BMW PS systems need more volume and or real cooling for the track. I have that M3Post fix on my track car right now and it definitely cleans up the mess, but it introduces more crap in the engine bay and the proper solution is to loop in an actual cooler.

Even if you don’t have overflow, the PS fluid getting that hot means you’re not helping the lifespan of your rack. Proper cooling is the long term solution, ideally in addition to a larger reservoir.
          What is the M3post fix?

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

I've been looking very seriously at the Chase Bays kit. If you read their description, you start to realize it isn't that it's necessarily too hot or that your OEM setup is failing (although it may be) it's more about the design and the realities of track driving and the dynamics of the fluid. They also offer a cooler. I'm thinking about doing the whole thing this winter, but I haven't yet pulled the trigger.

The Chase Bays Power Steering Kit for BMW E46 M3 was the most challenging system we've developed for. BMW M made MANY mistakes and revisions. There are recalls and changes in BMW's system. A simple one kit fits all wasn't so simple. The S54 power steering pumps puts out a substantial amount of output pressure compared

Comment

I shimmed the relief on my pump and eliminated the expansion loop and cooler. I get almost no leaks from the cap.

For a street car, would definitely run a cooler.

I’m willing to take a chance on my track car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post

What is the M3post fix?
                A reservoir for your reservoir, dawg

Comment

Working...
                X