"Best" aftermarket Vanos line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Best" aftermarket Vanos line?

I've got all the fun little Beisan parts for my rebuild and wondered if the M3 community has come to a consensus on what the best Vanos line is.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

I went through this earlier in the year, I could not find a definitive answer. Of all versions, I found that the RE line is rated at the highest pressure threshold. I, however, chose ECS as their design allow for a very stealth placement of the line so you run it parallel to the engine instead of routing it at an angle coming out of the VANOS

Comment

IIRC, all aftermarket lines are recommended to be replaced after some period of time. I believe the v2 OEM line is lifetime (or at least much longer).

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceJockey View Post
        IIRC, all aftermarket lines are recommended to be replaced after some period of time. I believe the v2 OEM line is lifetime (or at least much longer).
        I'm pretty sure they only recommend to change annually if its a dedicated track car.
        Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

I have the Bimmerworld one. Cheap, easy install, fit perfect. Good piece of mind.

Replace the failure-prone stock line with our high-quality, durable solution
          '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
          many others

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post

I'm pretty sure they only recommend to change annually if its a dedicated track car.
            Word. You would know better than me. 👍

Comment

Been looking for this also.

Rogue Engineering $59.00

DrVanos is $69.00
              This flexible high performance steel braided oil line replaces the stock hard line to prevent stress cracks from vibration and extremely high pressure (1200psi).  This line is rated to 1700psi and will last the life of the engine. It's half the cost of a new factory line and includes 2 mounting tabs for a clean install

They all all seem pretty similar. I’m not excited with ECS Tuning quality lately. Bimmerworld should know what they’re doing so makes me curious.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I have an RE and didn’t like it bc it didn’t have two adel clamps to secure it. (yeah yeah I could’ve gone and bought one) Just get the bimmerworld
                06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                  Been looking for this also.

Rogue Engineering $59.00

DrVanos is $69.00
                  This flexible high performance steel braided oil line replaces the stock hard line to prevent stress cracks from vibration and extremely high pressure (1200psi).  This line is rated to 1700psi and will last the life of the engine. It's half the cost of a new factory line and includes 2 mounting tabs for a clean install

They all all seem pretty similar. I’m not excited with ECS Tuning quality lately. Bimmerworld should know what they’re doing so makes me curious.
                  The BW is $42 w/ tax right now (black friday sale) and the ECS is $72 (on sale) with tax. I bought the ECS last night and am already questioning my choice due to concerns over ECS quality, may just simply go BW, although I like how the ECS line is tucked away.

Instagram

Comment

I used Bimmerworld when I did my Vanos. It was the best price. Don't have much experience on longevity since Ive only got about 300 miles since installed. I believe when I was doing my research on the old site they were all pretty comparable so I just went for the best price.
                    2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
                    2014 X5 50i
                    2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

I’ve had my BW installed for 4+ years now... no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                        I have an RE and didn’t like it bc it didn’t have two adel clamps to secure it. (yeah yeah I could’ve gone and bought one) Just get the bimmerworld
                        My ECS has one clip too, you can add a second one, but is not needed as with just the top one the line is routed in a very natural and straight way... it fit just fine and would recommend it

with that said, I think this is one of those items that you can go with either of the known brands.

Comment

A little off topic but I just did this on mine with an oem updated part and I noticed at the foil insulation it pushes hard against the block once secured, wondering if it's the same for everyone else or if I routed it wrong (which would be hard to do given it only seemed to fit one way. It seems to push right where the old one showed wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                            The BW is $42 w/ tax right now (black friday sale) and the ECS is $72 (on sale) with tax. I bought the ECS last night and am already questioning my choice due to concerns over ECS quality, may just simply go BW, although I like how the ECS line is tucked away.
                            I was thinking the sale price makes this a no brainer. Until BW changes ~$15 shipping while ECS is free.

Then I start thinking (as mentioned earlier) if the updated Genuine BMW Part is improved and Lifetime warranty on sale from FCP Euro at $104 Free Ship, paying more for solid line and OE look and fit is best, just not sexy aftermarket.

I notice RE line selling point is a sleek fitting on top vs bulky hose to fitting on ECS. But ECS fitting is angled to curve over vanos.
                            Decisions decisions....

6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                              I was thinking the sale price makes this a no brainer. Until BW changes ~$15 shipping while ECS is free.

Then I start thinking (as mentioned earlier) if the updated Genuine BMW Part is improved and Lifetime warranty on sale from FCP Euro at $104 Free Ship, paying more for solid line and OE look and fit is best, just not sexy aftermarket.

I notice RE line selling point is a sleek fitting on top vs bulky hose to fitting on ECS. But ECS fitting is angled to curve over vanos.
                              Decisions decisions....
                              Yea, that RE piece is definitely nicer looking in that respect imo. Here's another opinion, looks quite nice in that bare stainless finish as well. Looks like they let you choose your own color as well.

This line is rated to beyond 7350psi and unlike rival hoses, it carries a lifetime warranty and does not require annual replacement. It is also fitted with heatshielding material and is made here in the UK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170222_194906_310.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	70164

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X