Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone make an aftermarket radiator shroud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone make an aftermarket radiator shroud?

I am looking for a radiator shroud/mount for an electric fan. All I can find available are mounting brackets for electric fans. I was hoping there was some sort of electric fan mount that has a full shroud or at least an electric fan mount that keeps the oem fan shroud. My mechanical fan and oem electric fan are both removed so I need something. Oil cooler is now where the oem electric fan was so no room for anything on that side. I was going to get the Chase Bays radiator that comes with a shroud and fan, but I noticed its not a direct replacement. Ended up getting a CSF radiator so I was looking for something like the Chase Bays radiator shroud/fan (see pic) that bolts up to a stock radiator. Worth noting that the car has a turbo, which heats up coolant and oil temps quickly. The car is not tracked so its only in boost for quick periods and also moving, so the heat from that usually is not an issue. More concerned about slow speeds like traffic or a drive through on a hot day with the A/C on.

I saw something on a stock fan with and without a shroud, not sure what car, but the shroud made a difference. Obviously not a direct comparison so I am unsure how comparable it is to upgraded fans. Am I over concerned about the shroud and an electric fan on brackets just fine without a shroud?

Regardless, if would prefer to keep the shroud if I could. Does anyone know of a company that makes something like this?
    Attached Files

The aftermarket shrouds I've seen for this car are all pretty small due to clearance issues when adding a bigger radiator. Mishimoto makes a fan and shroud and a couple other companies do aswell, but on the small end. Shrouds do help a lot but typically with a bigger radiator this car will have a hard time overheating, even when pushed.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our previous car had an electric spal fan mounted inside the factory shroud. Drill a few holes in the factory shroud and a few nuts and bolts and you should be good to go!

I think he used something like this, but instead of attaching it to the rad he bolted it to the shroud:

Some steel or aluminum flat stock should work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep that is the correct kit to Mount the electric fan to the OE fan shroud.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
        Evolve Eventuri
        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
          Yep that is the correct kit to Mount the electric fan to the OE fan shroud.

Do you recall what size SPAL fan this works for? I like this OEM+ option and not having to spend $100+ on N15 mounts, but if I recall correctly, most electric fans needed to be mounted off center to avoid hitting the water pump. (I believe SPAL 2049 was the popular option)

Comment

The Spal 2049 will not fit using this mounting method. The Mishimoto and the Spal 30101516 16 inch fans will. The fan depth needs to be approx 3” or less.

Spal 30101516
            Spal 30101516 16" Medium Profile Fan. Spal cooling fan for car truck and motorcycle radiators, air conditioning condensors and oil coolers

Spal Fans
            TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
            Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
            Evolve Eventuri
            - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Zionsville Autosport has a couple shroud/fan options:

Zionsville Autosport - BMW E46 M3 Aluminum Shroud with 16" Fan Fits: BMW E46 Coupe 2001-05 M3; Convertible 2001-05 M3

Zionsville Autosport - BMW E46 M3 Aluminum Shroud with 14" Fan Fits: BMW E46 Coupe 2001-05 M3; Convertible 2001-05 M3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Build Journal is developing one: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHwFu7Jp..._web_copy_link
                2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Working...
                X