Best Battery Replacement Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Battery Replacement Options

I’m in need of replacing my battery and want to see what the best options are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well use the opportunity to get a smaller/lighter battery.

I've been looking to buy the CSL/Mini battery, but have not found anywhere to buy it from. Realoem says the part number is 61218377139, but the usual online distributors (FCP, ECS, etc) don't have it in stock and the dealers I've called can't seem to get it for me either. Anyone know where I can find one?

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-two-questions
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jixer77 View Post
      I’m in need of replacing my battery and want to see what the best options are.

If its a street car with options (radio, heated seats etc) then just go for OEM equiv (H7 i believe).

If its a track car or dont have much electronic options then the CSL/Mini battery is a good ligherweight option (H5 i believe)

Beyond that is the lithium options which are big money and a pain in the butt for a weekend street car, but worth it for a track car.

I own an antigravity battery and I don't mind it for a track car I know I would hate it on a street car.

Comment

I recently bought a Champion H7/94R battery. Perfect fitment.

Comment

OPTIMA 35 REDTOP Battery for BMWs - 31.7 LBS (bimmerworld.com)

I picked this up around 2 years ago for under $200 at a local autozone. I became friends with the manager there bc he loves e46s and he told me to bring it back before the warranty ends and he'll replace it for me

I made my own bracket and it fits perfectly. 31lbs and 720cca.

Comment

I installed an Antigravity lithium battery in the race car and so far, so good.

Antigravity H6/Group-48 Hi-Power lightweight Lithium Automotive Battery with RESTART Technology. Replace lead/acid battery in Hi-Performance Cars.

Feff
            MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I own an antigravity battery and I don't mind it for a track car I know I would hate it on a street car.
              which battery did you get? their 60AH option seems comparable in capacity to at least the H5 mini battery

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

which battery did you get? their 60AH option seems comparable in capacity to at least the H5 mini battery
                It came with the car so wasn't my choice. Model is ATX-20 so 20aH.

Hi-Power lightweight ATX20-RS lithium motorcycle/powersports battery with RE-START Technology (built-in jump-starting). Replace YTX-20, more. 680 CA.

It has the restart button in the trunk. Which is annoying if you get in the car and it turned itself off. Get one with a remote button if you can.

Great for motorsport (4lbs!) but if the car sits for longer than a day or two it will shut itself off.

Comment

I have a Antigravity 60AH H7. I love it. Never had an issue.
                  Last edited by e46mpwrd; 12-03-2020, 12:46 PM. Reason: Correct battery from H6 to H7
                  '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Originally posted by e46mpwrd View Post
                    I have a Antigravity 60AH H6. I love it. Never had an issue.
                    Glad to hear it. How many times have you had to use the restart button?

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Too bad those antigravity batteries are on backorder.

Comment

If its a street car with options (radio, heated seats etc) then just go for OEM equiv (H7 i believe).

If its a track car or dont have much electronic options then the CSL/Mini battery is a good ligherweight option (H5 i believe)

Beyond that is the lithium options which are big money and a pain in the butt for a weekend street car, but worth it for a track car.

Why would you hate it for a street car?

Comment

Originally posted by jixer77 View Post

Why would you hate it for a street car?

If you have a full interior getting to the restart button behind the trim is a pain. But sounds like others who have the higher capacity lithiums like them.

The battery I have is basically the size of a motorcycle battery.

Comment

Glad to hear it. How many times have you had to use the restart button?

I usually have the CTEk hooked up. I just had it off for a month with the car sitting. I had to use the restart button today. My trunk interior is pretty much gutted so it is easier to get to.
                            '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Originally posted by e46mpwrd View Post

I usually have the CTEk hooked up. I just had it off for a month with the car sitting. I had to use the restart button today. My trunk interior is pretty much gutted so it is easier to get to.
                              Same here. Battery is always on a charger.

Comment

Working...
                              X