Best Battery Replacement Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Did you try to swap them because they are not the same size one is slightly bigger the. The other therefore if one is one the wrong side it will slide off, I had the same experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Smaller diameter post is negative, correct? That's how I have it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilation View Post
      Smaller diameter post is negative, correct? That's how I have it.

I don’t remember of the top my head right now, if it’s slides off even when it’s tighten then it’s mean wrong post is on that side

Comment

100% sure the larger post is positive. Maybe I just need to crank down harder on the cable connector nuts but worried about stripping.

Comment

100% sure the larger post is positive. Maybe I just need to crank down harder on the cable connector nuts but worried about stripping.

Yea might be, I used the same posts so I know they work, make sure the clamp is seated all the way to the bottom of the post as well that will help as well.

Comment

Careful, the stud on the clamp connector isnt very beefy. I would not exceed torque that you would apply by "choking up" on a 3/8 ratchet.

Agree with the above that the terminal must be pushed all the way to the bottom of the battery post before you tighten it.

Comment

Reviving this old thread - considering my next battery for my DE car. Driven on weekends Fridays to work How is it living with a ATX-30? I figure the remote start technology protects you from a dead battery, similar to a kill switch which I have used on other cars. Any other sacrifices with using this battery?
              ‘04 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Maxhouse97 View Post
                Reviving this old thread - considering my next battery for my DE car. Driven on weekends Fridays to work How is it living with a ATX-30? I figure the remote start technology protects you from a dead battery, similar to a kill switch which I have used on other cars. Any other sacrifices with using this battery?
                I think it should be fine for daily use. If you're actually driving the car you should never need the reset button. However if you ever park it for an extended period (4+ days) you'll likely need to wake it back up which requires hitting a button on the top of the battery. They have a remote box but it still requires a 9v battery and wiring to the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok after reading some more I am thinking of going with the ATX-30-HD instead of the regular 30 for a little more safety margin on amp hours (24 vs 18). Even thought it doesn’t have the restart technology, I would probably buy the XP-10 jump starter anyways, and this can provide the same benefit/function. Just need to find a his way to mount it as it’sa little bigger than the 30. Also will buy a CTEK cigarette lighter to keep it charged.
                  ‘04 M3

Comment

The remote start stuff sounds nice. So say you park the car for a week and the battery is almost dead, the battery will shut itself down automatically, while reserving enough charge to start the car still, and you should be able to drive it and the alternator will recharge the battery fully in time, right?

How accurate is the system? Do you need to plug it into a tender of some sort still? How long can you let it sit between drives? TBH that sounds really nice if it works flawlessly.

I have an Optima red top in my car, it's like 32lbs so not exactly light, but lighter than full size stock batteries. It's easy to leave unattended for weeks and weeks on end and not think twice about it. I'll look at something lighter when the red top needs replacing eventually.
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

This is what I got. Its a lithium iron phosphate battery which doesn't have all of the crazy rules requirements that lithium ion batteries do. AND...its about 1/2 the price. Track car only - will need a jump below 50 degrees.

8.0AH 480CA Lithium Engine Start Battery (batterytender.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Acetech View Post
                        Here is a beautiful battery hold down bracket for the ATX30 but it’s 180$

Easily find what you are looking for with our main categories in alphabetical order.

You could also consider the Antigravity H5 Group 47 battery, 3 different AH capacitys. Doesn’t require a hold down bracket bolts down like stock and has the added advantage of a remote key fob to switch battery back on without having to go directly to the battery
                        H7/94R fits great. It’s funny, there’s so much more available current that you can actually hear the starter spin faster and more readily.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3990.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	215851
                        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

H7/94R fits great. It’s funny, there’s so much more available current that you can actually hear the starter spin faster and more readily.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3990.jpg Views:	98 Size:	166.0 KB ID:	215851
                          I’ve got my eye on this one. Still like it? How long do you let it sit untendered? How many Ah?
                          Last edited by T.J.; 06-30-2023, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                            I’ve got my eye on this one. Still like it? How long do you let it sit untendered? How many Ah?
                            Working great! I daily this car, so the max it’s gone is only a week or so, it fires right up with urgency every time. Not a single issue. I went with the <19lb 60Ah version.
                            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

How do y'all rate Optima batteries. was looking at the yellow top.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                                How do y'all rate Optima batteries. was looking at the yellow top.
                                Not worth the money. You can get an Everstart Platinum H6 AGM with 4 year warranty for half the cost of an Optima. Or a Duracell H6 AGM, which people say is a better battery.

If you really want a top of the line battery, Odyssey, Trojan or Lifeline. Although, these days, I would be tempted to go lithium.
                                2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Working...
                                X