• Show
Clear All

RKP and the works.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
      RKP and the works.

​​​​​​​
      Met you at ABS. Car and roof look perfect! New windshield, rubbers, gloss black window trim. Nicely done.

Might ask you a few questions when my Karbonius roof comes in.
      2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
      Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
      Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
      Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
      Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
      Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Here are the Sparcos and when I had an RTD briefly.

Nice spec/build! Curious, did you mount the Sparco's to the factory sliders, or do you know if they will bolt to the factory sliders? I know that the Sparco's generally bolt from underneath whereas Recaros's bolt up on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post

Met you at ABS. Car and roof look perfect! New windshield, rubbers, gloss black window trim. Nicely done.

Might ask you a few questions when my Karbonius roof comes in.

Right on.

Originally posted by stash1 View Post

Nice spec/build! Curious, did you mount the Sparco's to the factory sliders, or do you know if they will bolt to the factory sliders? I know that the Sparco's generally bolt from underneath whereas Recaros's bolt up on the side.
          I mounted the Sparcos to the Sparco 600 series base for their "street" seats. Recaro uses their universal uprights so they bolt up on the sides for nearly all their seats, but Sparco seems to want to differentiate them with the base. I much prefer bolting to the sides, they're much easier in that regard, but eitherway, I'm still really happy with how they are.

Comment

DId you re use the stock seat belt receptacle on those seats?

Comment

Originally posted by avusblue View Post
              DId you re use the stock seat belt receptacle on those seats?
              Yep. Sure did. The sparco base has a point you can use to place it.

Comment

Few things on the way....it's time to move on to the engine and rebuilding the diff...

New 11" rear barrels for my BBS LM-R's sitting on the rack. Picked up a new diff. CSL cams with Schrick DLC rockers, Chase Bays Power Steering Kit, and rebuilt yellow tag steering rack. More to come...!

Comment

Beautiful M3.. enjoying the continued build!
                  2002 Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 Convertible 6MT - Current
                  2017 White C63 AMG Coupe - Current
                  2002 Oxford Green E46 M3 Coupe 6MT - Sold

Comment

Picked up a new diff.
                    What LSD unit did you go with?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post

What LSD unit did you go with?

Stock diff, but I have time to decide whether I get the Quaife or not.

Comment

Stock diff, but I have time to decide whether I get the Quaife or not.
                        That's a torsen style, that is slower to lock, so if you are going for performance I'd look at clutch types. Stock is a clutch but viscous, clunky and slow to lock. Reason I ask is, I'm currently looking at giken/drexler units. Both are $$$$, but positives are performance, longevity, etc that are important to me and my use of the car. Just throwing it out there, not trying to throw off your build .

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

That's a torsen style, that is slower to lock, so if you are going for performance I'd look at clutch types. Stock is a clutch but viscous, clunky and slow to lock. Reason I ask is, I'm currently looking at giken/drexler units. Both are $$$$, but positives are performance, longevity, etc that are important to me and my use of the car. Just throwing it out there, not trying to throw off your build .

OS Giken seems like a pretty good solution.
                          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

OS Giken seems like a pretty good solution.
                            Def direction I'm going, downside right now is they are backordered till mid-late March.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Def direction I'm going, downside right now is they are backordered till mid-late March.

I’ve considered the OS Giken but know it has a rebuild after a certain mileage which

the money or back order isn’t the issue. I just think the osg is a bit of an overkill for this garage queen that will never see the track anyways. I’m just being honest here. Quaife is definitely an upgrade over stock at the end of the day and that’s not trying to penny pinch between that and a OSG diff.

Comment

wow car looks amzing, I honeslty wouldn't change a thing except the tinted windows.. gotta show off those seats
                                Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Working...
                                X