Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supersprint full system + Karbonius Airbox + healthy stock motor = YUGE numbers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Tuned by HTE at EAS and put down 336whp. Fellow LSB!

Comment

How did you get 290 whp stock? I thought these cars put down 270-275 whp stock. Huge numbers nonetheless
      2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
        How did you get 290 whp stock? I thought these cars put down 270-275 whp stock. Huge numbers nonetheless
        EAS's dyne has always been on the optimistic side.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

That's a pretty flat torque curve. I usually see torque drop off after 5k. Or am I mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by Actuary View Post
            That's a pretty flat torque curve. I usually see torque drop off after 5k. Or am I mistaken?
            Nope, that looks pretty typical for a well tuned M3 w/‘enhanced’ breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

No one will ever rag on car thats well maintained no matter the spec. I know that I appreciate the care some of the members here put in here, it's inspiring, and puts my current skills to shame. Nothing wrong with dove grey interior good sir. SOMETHING, is definitely wrong with your engine though. Must have been made on a Tuesday when Hanz had a rather amazing sausage and sauerkraut with a delicious lager. Get cams and hit 380whp please. Im coming for the same , cheers.
              Yep Schricks are gonna be on the list soon! I wonder if I should go all out and try out the 288/280s...but I'm afraid low end torque and power will be sacrificed for top end gains. Plus the cost of 24 new followers....ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

You're not limited to 91, you have access to E85. That's another 10-15whp.
                True - - however, aren't there complexities to running E85?

Comment

Originally posted by 2004LSB View Post

Yep Schricks are gonna be on the list soon! I wonder if I should go all out and try out the 288/280s...but I'm afraid low end torque and power will be sacrificed for top end gains. Plus the cost of 24 new followers....ouch!
                  I don’t think there is any loss of low end, at least where it matters. I don’t feel any decrease except a minor flat spot right at throttle tip in. But I think that’s more my tune. Stock followers at the recommendation of Lang Racing

Comment

I wouldn't say complexities, as the APE kit figures out all the hard work as a piggyback.

I just fear what corn sugar/water will do to the fuel system after a time.

Also, after doing headers and airbox, tune, even moreso cams, you have to get bigger injectors as stock will max out above about a mix of E50 or so?
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I wouldn’t do ethanol tune, a piggyback anything, or 288/280s 🤣

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

No, there isn't. You'll need the following:

Upgraded injectors (Bosch 550cc for example)
                        Upgraded fuel pump (Walbro 255 or 475 etc)
                        Wideband AFR sensor (optional for dyno tuning, not 100% necessary unless road tuning)
                        Tune (I used HTE to great success)

I have ran E85 on various platforms for 9 years and tens of thousands of miles. I have put 6k miles on my E46 M3 on E85 with zero issues other than tougher cold starts and sometimes rough idle since my tune isn't complete yet. It is far, far better than 91 and makes more power everywhere. You won't regret it. 👍
                        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I run 288/280 and ape e85, at e40 ish. Mainly because no cats is terrible smelling. The e85 stops that

Comment

Working...
                          X