Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supersprint full system + Karbonius Airbox + healthy stock motor = YUGE numbers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

352rwhp sae– but on a dynojet that read 276 stock. So, +76rwhp ~= 92 crank hp... so ~424 crank hp.
    Awesome, how about torques? Hopefully a healthy gain there too?

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Awesome, how about torques? Hopefully a healthy gain there too?
      Up everywhere vs stock.

Annoyingly they said they’d email me the dynos, but never did. I don’t remember the specific numbers anymore, but they were greater than stock at every RPM.

I might go back this spring, as I want to see if one step colder plugs do better. If so, I’ll take a pic of the screen in case they don’t email me the results

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Up everywhere vs stock.

Annoyingly they said they’d email me the dynos, but never did. I don’t remember the specific numbers anymore, but they were greater than stock at every RPM.

I might go back this spring, as I want to see if one step colder plugs do better. If so, I’ll take a pic of the screen in case they don’t email me the results
        Aww man that would drive me nuts to not know!

Comment

Where do you like to go?
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Where do you like to go?
            R/T Tuning... not that I think there’s anything uniquely good about them. I went there 12 years ago and have gone there since so I can use the same dyno.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Noice. 62rwhp ~= 71 hp crank (given 291rwhp for 333 crank), so sounds like you're safely in the 400+ club!

Selfishly, nice choice in parts! My exactly setup other than cams.

It's amazing how much power these cars can get from mods these days vs 10 years ago, despite being mostly the same parts. Tuning, though, is a completely different world than it was then.

... going to add cams?
              Thanks! I like your ethos and tastes in mods for this car and you inspire me to do the same with mine. Either stick with tried and true factory parts, or go top-tier aftermarket. Everything else in between seems like a waste of time and effort for this platform. I've been thinking about getting Schrick cams eventually as the cherry on top - - maybe if I ever move out of state in the near future and don't ever have to deal with bullsh!t smog testing every two years, I would definitely consider it.

I was meaning to ask for those of you who have cams - - is it true that it would never pass the OBD II readiness states? One of the other forum members who had cams installed said they could never get one of their emissions monitors set to ready.

Comment

Originally posted by eXpensiveGears View Post
                For you SoCal guys, how are you getting around smog with your airboxes?
                Yep swapping back is by far the easiest; it doesn't take that long and you're working from the top with stuff easily accessible. Even if you can find a shop lenient enough to pass you on the visual, most likely the CSL MAP tune will not communicate properly w/ CA emissions computers.

Comment

Dang, that's impressive for the S54. Where do you reckon cams would take you? That motor is pushing 420 crank hp, mighty!

Comment

Originally posted by 2004LSB View Post

Thanks! I like your ethos and tastes in mods for this car and you inspire me to do the same with mine. Either stick with tried and true factory parts, or go top-tier aftermarket. Everything else in between seems like a waste of time and effort for this platform. I've been thinking about getting Schrick cams eventually as the cherry on top - - maybe if I ever move out of state in the near future and don't ever have to deal with bullsh!t smog testing every two years, I would definitely consider it.

I was meaning to ask for those of you who have cams - - is it true that it would never pass the OBD II readiness states? One of the other forum members who had cams installed said they could never get one of their emissions monitors set to ready.
                    All of my monitors show as ready. No smog in PA, but it passes pa plug in obd2.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                      Dang, that's impressive for the S54. Where do you reckon cams would take you? That motor is pushing 420 crank hp, mighty!
                      Thanks! Seeing how this is a freakishly strong motor from the factory and responds very well to quality mods, my guess is another 20+ whp? Sadly I'm only limited to 91 octane. With 93 maybe we can bump it up by a few extra ponies.

Comment

Yah you either have a freak motor, or the health is literally stop notch ie. on point with compression, fuel injectors, valve adj etc. If this was dynojet 290whp and above is unicorn territory for a stock car from what we've seen. Mid 270s to mid 280s is quite common. Having said that, your results speak for themselves. You sir have a beautiful example, congratulations. Excited to see what a full SS setup will yield from mine currently.
                        2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                          Yah you either have a freak motor, or the health is literally stop notch ie. on point with compression, fuel injectors, valve adj etc. If this was dynojet 290whp and above is unicorn territory for a stock car from what we've seen. Mid 270s to mid 280s is quite common. Having said that, your results speak for themselves. You sir have a beautiful example, congratulations. Excited to see what a full SS setup will yield from mine currently.
                          Thank you! Its funny that you mention mid 270s - 280s; that's exactly what the dyno operators said @ EAS. On average most stock E46 M3s they've tested fall somewhere in between there.

Random aside - - I don't know why people hate the Dove Grey interior so much -- clean, well maintained ones w/ the LSB exterior and super light window tints look good on it in my opinion. Sure it is harder to keep clean and it doesn't age gracefully when not cared for, but overall I think there's a time and place for it.

Comment

Yep swapping back is by far the easiest; it doesn't take that long and you're working from the top with stuff easily accessible. Even if you can find a shop lenient enough to pass you on the visual, most likely the CSL MAP tune will not communicate properly w/ CA emissions computers.
                            I did it a few months ago. Just requires a few tries and starting the car as the the reader initializes

You have headers so do you swap those out for smog?

The only way to semi-conveniently pass smog in CA is to know a guy or pay someone to swap parts in and out.
                            2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                            Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                            Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                            Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                            Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                            Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Thank you! Its funny that you mention mid 270s - 280s; that's exactly what the dyno operators said @ EAS. On average most stock E46 M3s they've tested fall somewhere in between there.

Random aside - - I don't know why people hate the Dove Grey interior so much -- clean, well maintained ones w/ the LSB exterior and super light window tints look good on it in my opinion. Sure it is harder to keep clean and it doesn't age gracefully when not cared for, but overall I think there's a time and place for it.
                              No one will ever rag on car thats well maintained no matter the spec. I know that I appreciate the care some of the members here put in here, it's inspiring, and puts my current skills to shame. Nothing wrong with dove grey interior good sir. SOMETHING, is definitely wrong with your engine though. Must have been made on a Tuesday when Hanz had a rather amazing sausage and sauerkraut with a delicious lager. Get cams and hit 380whp please. Im coming for the same , cheers.
                              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Thanks! Seeing how this is a freakishly strong motor from the factory and responds very well to quality mods, my guess is another 20+ whp? Sadly I'm only limited to 91 octane. With 93 maybe we can bump it up by a few extra ponies.
                                You're not limited to 91, you have access to E85. That's another 10-15whp.
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X