Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supersprint full system + Karbonius Airbox + healthy stock motor = YUGE numbers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll bet those dyno numbers came from EAS. Am I correct?

Comment

Nate047 - Thanks! I used Second 2 None Auto detailing. Their primary facility is based out of Azusa, but they are mobile and will come to you. For ceramic coating jobs, I think you have to drop off your vehicle @ their Azusa facility to let the stuff cure for a full 8 - 12 hours.

Ob917 - - yep I used EAS since they're the only game in town with a DynoJet. Lang has a Mustang Dyno I think, but since I took my baseline measurements with EAS, I figured for consistency I just stuck with them throughout my modification journey to try and keep the data meaningful. As Stash had mentioned in the official dyno thread, the absolute numbers are sorta meaningless; the biggest takeaway here are the deltas from stock configuration to current.

Comment

Originally posted by 2004LSB View Post

I went with this one:

I used the radiator fin temp probe setup with it. My only gripe with this setup is I wish they offered two mounting options: 1.) retain the stock mounting position so I can keep the OE fan shrouds in place or 2.) for those running boosted setups, retain their current design which offsets the fan further towards the passenger side.
        thanks, did you remove the stock aux fan? just wondering if it effects the temp for daily driving in traffic etc.

Comment

A little off topic, but here are some pics I took before, during and after the header & Section 1 install:
          How is the smell with your HJS. I have cheap cats and hate the smell. Thinking about going back to the OE section 1 cats with O2 bungs as I have EU headers.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

How is the smell with your HJS. I have cheap cats and hate the smell. Thinking about going back to the OE section 1 cats with O2 bungs as I have EU headers.
            Which pipes do you have now?
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Which pipes do you have now?
              it is a from an unknown brand (DKF) that is no longer available, but back in the day they sold a kit with resonators and a choice of 100 or 300 CPI cats. I hve tried both and settled on the 300 option but the smell is still very noticeable.
              Last edited by maupineda; 12-22-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by avusblue View Post

thanks, did you remove the stock aux fan? just wondering if it effects the temp for daily driving in traffic etc.
                I kept the stock aux fan. The Mishimoto fan replaced the large mechanical fan; I caught this just in time as one of the tips of the blades chipped off, causing a distinct "off balance" sound during engine idle! I understand BMW probably designed this fan for use under the most extreme conditions in mind, but given how fast this motor spins....it really is just a catastrophe waiting to happen as these cars age!

To be honest the fan rarely goes on even with the temp sensor adjusted towards the higher end of the spectrum. My temps stay pretty cool (I run more like 65 to 70% distilled water to genuine coolant mixture) throughout. Only time it does kick on is once I stop, park, and shut the engine off. It will heat soak, kick the fan on for a few minutes, shut off....and kick on again.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

When I first installed them, I was a little concerned as there was a faint smell of gas! But after a few heat cycles and spirited driving, the smell has gone away and is hardly noticeable. Compared to US spec and Euro cats, they smell just a tad bit more, but almost not even noticeable (especially once they've reached operating temp).

So in short, yep these cats are worth the $$$$.

Comment

For you SoCal guys, how are you getting around smog with your airboxes?

Comment

Wanted to share with everyone the healthy gains I've gotten going from bone stock with full bolt-on mods over the past five years! All values have been SAE corrected:
                      • File 3 (orange) is the baseline run (stock US specs with no mods): 290.68 WHP, 240.25 ft-lb
                      • File 11 (green) has the following mods: Karbonius CSL airbox w/ snorkel, Factory euro headers & cats, PCS Tuning canned tune: 332.41 WHP, 254.27 ft-lb
                      • File 15 (brown) has the following mods: Karbonius CSL airbox w/ snorkel, eletric fan conversion, full oversized Supersprint exhaust system (stepped headers, HJS race cats, resonated twin pipe and Stradale street muffler): 348.44 WHP, 262.14 ft-lb; video found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQ-...ew?usp=sharing
                      Wow!!!!!! congrats on those numbers!! what a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by eXpensiveGears View Post
                        For you SoCal guys, how are you getting around smog with your airboxes?
                        Swap back.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Noice. 62rwhp ~= 71 hp crank (given 291rwhp for 333 crank), so sounds like you're safely in the 400+ club!

Selfishly, nice choice in parts! My exactly setup other than cams.

It's amazing how much power these cars can get from mods these days vs 10 years ago, despite being mostly the same parts. Tuning, though, is a completely different world than it was then.

... going to add cams?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

To anyone feeling inspired, SuperSprint GB going on right now that could, sadly, be the last time this stuff can be purchased: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ders#post95255

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                              To anyone feeling inspired, SuperSprint GB going on right now that could, sadly, be the last time this stuff can be purchased: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ders#post95255
                              man I hope not, not ready to buy now . Btw, what are you putting down with your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

man I hope not, not ready to buy now . Btw, what are you putting down with your setup?
                                352rwhp sae– but on a dynojet that read 276 stock. So, +76rwhp ~= 92 crank hp... so ~424 crank hp.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X