Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supersprint full system + Karbonius Airbox + healthy stock motor = YUGE numbers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so legit! lol @ Nazi CA comment, the pain is real man.
    | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Awesome numbers, awesome sound, you have IG or more photos of the car?
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Those figures are pretty expected given the mods and assuming a competent tune. I have the Epic tune with karbonius intake, SS headers, catless sect 1, stock sect 2, and a restrictive Dinan sect 3 and reported 329 whp. I'm planning to go with a custom single exhaust and possibly electric fan and would expect to see similar figures.
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by pawelgawel View Post
          you think the # would be much greater without any cats?
          thinking of euro headers, NA section back
          According to Supersprint, these cats are supposed to flow 95-98% to that of a straight pipe (don't quote me, but I remember reading somewhere regarding those figures); so once you account for dyno accuracies and variations, I think it will be negligible. Euro cats though do have a higher CPI count and are longer to scrub the exhaust gases, so they may be slightly more restrictive than the HJS cats towards the very top end.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
            Awesome numbers, awesome sound, you have IG or more photos of the car?
            Thanks! I feel like an old fart here, so no IG account. However, I did take a few pics of the car just after a professional detail job w/ nano ceramic coating:

Comment

Originally posted by siamkazi View Post
              This is so legit! lol @ Nazi CA comment, the pain is real man.
              You guys are giving way too much credit to CA.

Comment

Out of curiosity what did you guys pay per dyno tune, how many hours on the dyno were booked per tune

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

A little off topic, but here are some pics I took before, during and after the header & Section 1 install:

Comment

Very nice numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Lukem3 View Post
                      Out of curiosity what did you guys pay per dyno tune, how many hours on the dyno were booked per tune

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
                      The remote tuning session took about an hour; paid for 1 hour of Paul's time and 1 hour of dyno rental time.

Comment

Which electric fan setup did you went with?

Comment

Originally posted by 2004LSB View Post
                          Paul custom tuned setup #3 👍
                          Cool. Canned tune is surprisingly close to the final result, especially considering you upgraded from Euro to SSv1 at the same time. Makes sense, not sure how much could possibly be left on the table with a generic optimized tune specifically designed for a set of hardware vs tuned for an individual unique engine and setup.

I’ve got the PCS canned tune for Karb airbox, stock cams and SSv1 with cats. Really happy with it, always felt really fast and smooth and now even happier that someone has dynoed it and confirmed it’s not FOS 👍

Comment

Thanks! I feel like an old fart here, so no IG account. However, I did take a few pics of the car just after a professional detail job w/ nano ceramic coating:
                            Shiet...I was trying to figure out what an IG account was for a couple of minutes. 🤣🤣🤣

But yes...I do have one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by avusblue View Post
                              Which electric fan setup did you went with?
                              I went with this one:

I used the radiator fin temp probe setup with it. My only gripe with this setup is I wish they offered two mounting options: 1.) retain the stock mounting position so I can keep the OE fan shrouds in place or 2.) for those running boosted setups, retain their current design which offsets the fan further towards the passenger side.

Comment

That looks great! Where'd you get the work done? I'm on the west side and I have a guy in OC who I have brought my E36 to, but I wouldn't mind finding a great detailer a little closer. My E46 should be out of the paint shop within the next week or two and after it cures, I'm considering a ceramic coating as well.
                                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                                X