No announcement yet.

*Official* Comments from Strangers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a stop light today I pulled up beside a newer Turbo S. Windows open the guy asked if the color was Imola. I said yes then asked if it was a six speed and I said yes. Gave me a thumbs up and said awesome.

Comment

End of summer bumpkin

Comment

I was in my PY E46 coupe and this guy in a ford F150 rolls up next to me and he is like:

Him: That thing is fast huh?
        Me: its kinda quick
        Him: is it a V8?
        Me: no its an inline 6
        Him: nooooooooo
        Me: yeah its a 6 cylinder
        Him: But turbo and tuned right?
        Me: No its all motor
        Him: noooooooo

this guy is shocked and im all confused myself...

Him: are you leasing?
        Me: no, I own it
        Him: ohhh wow congrats buddy ! good for you
        light turn green and we take off.

I was really confused and thought about it some more... he probably thought it was a austin yellow M4 or something lol
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I get ~3 a month, still surprises me. Once I was going to a drive-thru and a guy was waiting for me to tell me he saw me driving the other way and turned around because he had to tell me he thought my M3 was (something along the lines of) nicest put together M3 he’s seen. My girlfriend is always shocked where ever we go in it someone says something. I always make sure to tell them I appreciate the kind words and say I put a lot of time in upkeep.
          Best compliment was driving by a park making a left turn with approximately an 8 year old kid with a skateboard on corner. He was nodding his head in approval as his eyes followed my car through the turn. Had his hand out with a thumbs-up. I’m not sure why but that young kid going out of his way to do that has been one of the best ever.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
            I was in my PY E46 coupe and this guy in a ford F150 rolls up next to me and he is like:

Him: That thing is fast huh?
            Me: its kinda quick
            Him: is it a V8?
            Me: no its an inline 6
            Him: nooooooooo
            Me: yeah its a 6 cylinder
            Him: But turbo and tuned right?
            Me: No its all motor
            Him: noooooooo

this guy is shocked and im all confused myself...

Him: are you leasing?
            Me: no, I own it
            Him: ohhh wow congrats buddy ! good for you
            light turn green and we take off.

I was really confused and thought about it some more... he probably thought it was a austin yellow M4 or something lol
            Leasing and forced induction took over and people forgot that dragons once roamed the land, when cars were "all motor" and people actually owned them. What a concept? I mean, $100 oil and CAFE regulations certainly had something to do with it.

maw
            Last edited by maw1124; 09-05-2022, 06:29 PM.

Comment

At a stop light a few days ago, a teenager in an Acura MDX motions to roll my window down (ha roll, takes me back), then

"Is that a real CSL"
              No it's not
              "It sure looks like it" keeps eyeing and drove off

Got another CSL compliment from an enthusiast in a BRZ. Best ones. Its just another silver M3, gets no attention on the road I feel unless you really know. Still the first one made my heart skip a beat also the fact that the kid knew to ask if it was a "real CSL" was pretty cool that there's still knowledge about these cars out there.
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Driving on a mtn road last week and I had a motorcycle waiting for me on the side of the road, he waived me down so I pulled over as I thought he might need help. He just wanted to give me props on the car

Comment

Working...
                X