No announcement yet.

Solid Mount Short Shifters: CAE / IRP / RTD / AAF / Coolerworx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed a CAE shifter. Drove the car for a few blocks and first impression is that it takes quite a lot of effort to change gears. More effort than what i had expected. Shifts are short and precise. I will be taking my car to the track soon. I'm sure I will get used to it. But is this normal???

Comment

Originally posted by Jevi Javi View Post
      I just installed a CAE shifter. Drove the car for a few blocks and first impression is that it takes quite a lot of effort to change gears. More effort than what i had expected. Shifts are short and precise. I will be taking my car to the track soon. I'm sure I will get used to it. But is this normal???
      Hard to say through the internet, but yes they take a lot of effort compared to typical shifter. IMO too much for a street car but great on the track.

Comment

what tranny mounts you all planning to run with the shifters. i have CAE on my plans, but don't want to go too stiff on the mounts. my mounts are shot so it's time to replace them.
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
          what tranny mounts you all planning to run with the shifters. i have CAE on my plans, but don't want to go too stiff on the mounts. my mounts are shot so it's time to replace them.
          I'm running the Kimematic Speed shifter with OEM tranny mount. It's in great shape as it was replaced when the 6MT swap happened a few years ago...so far so good as far as I can tell. I'd strongly suggest considering that shifter as well...while I've never driven the CAE, I can't imagine what more you would want than the feel/sound/speed to the Kinnematic unit...and it's several hundred cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigo1087 View Post

Was that with the factory e46 m3 boot?

I was looking at this IRP trans sealing boot, any idea if it work with an RTD?
            I think that will work but you may need longer bolts. it was tight to fit the bolts in as is.

Comment

I used that boot with my RTD, worked perfect.

Comment

Working...
              X