Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been running the TRE 255 LPH pump for a few years now with no issues

Comment

For what it's worth also been running aftermarket with no issues, using the Radium kit + AEM 50-1000 (340 LPH). Only note with this kit is the supplied splice connectors are garbage, so solder the connection with the appropriate fuel-resistant heat shrink.
      '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
      All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
        I am very curious to see those. Can’t imagine it’s a AUS thing. Since 2013 all my records show only OE “VDO”was from dealer. Prices then were my dealership $325 w/discount. Next lowest was TheBMWPartStore @$283 and BMWPartsSource@$284.​
        You're right, had to search through emails and misremembered. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
          You're right, had to search through emails and misremembered. My bad.
          No problem, thanks for the follow-up and wanting correct info out. I tip my hat to you sir.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

If money is an issue, go with the fuel pump from bimmerworld. I’m sure it’s legit otherwise a reputable company such as BW wouldn’t sell it.

Replacement fuel pump to restore proper fuel system operation. Replaces BMW part #16142229684.

Comment

Eventually, we might need a DIY on replacing the pump in the OE carrier. As mentioned above, there should be a few options that work just like the original pump (if only FCP carried the OEM pump by itself). On an OE replacement, it is annoying that you have to throw out the entire assembly just to replace the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                Eventually, we might need a DIY on replacing the pump in the OE carrier. As mentioned above, there should be a few options that work just like the original pump (if only FCP carried the OEM pump by itself). On an OE replacement, it is annoying that you have to throw out the entire assembly just to replace the pump.
                Buildjournal has a DIY I referenced and things went smoothly install wise – but I did initially use Radium's supplied connectors and had the wires melt / lost power to the pump because they are not properly matched to the OE wire gauge and create an unstable connection. So soldering the wires to the OE carrier is an absolute must for those going this route.

Can't speak to the longevity of an AEM pump vs. OE but I don't have any doubts about the quality of the piece and it's been running fine for the last two years.
                Last edited by dukeofchen; 12-06-2022, 12:19 PM.
                '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
                  If money is an issue, go with the fuel pump from bimmerworld. I’m sure it’s legit otherwise a reputable company such as BW wouldn’t sell it.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Hella-Fu...ly-E46-M3.html
                  It's out of stock everywhere, i'd buy it just to test my random coldstart issue.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post

It's out of stock everywhere, i'd buy it just to test my random coldstart issue.
                    Ohh the infamous e46 M3 cold start gremlin. Try sending your injector to RC fuel injection. That’s what fixed issues for a bunch of other people.

Comment

I installed the Radium Walbro conversion, installed what I'm pretty sure is a legit Walbro 255. I have to crank the car, turn off the key and then crank again then it fires up. I haven't dug into it since my car is a track car and its not too much of a hassle at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post

Ohh the infamous e46 M3 cold start gremlin. Try sending your injector to RC fuel injection. That’s what fixed issues for a bunch of other people.
                        Yea got an injector shop down the road from me that said they could do it just lazy to pull them out..

Comment

Working...
                        X