Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rouge Engineering race brace & Turner Motorsports CSL air box clearance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rouge Engineering race brace & Turner Motorsports CSL air box clearance question

My race brace is touching the Turner CSL air box I just installed. Is there a correct way to increase clearance, like using washers or do I need to look for a different strut bar?

You could try modifying the horshoe bracket under the intake so that it sits lower like in post 257 here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-airbox/page18
    I helped with an install recently, and the airbox touched the stock strut brace without doing this. Even after, there was only a couple mm of clearance.

Comment

I wonder if I could just shorten the rubber standoff to achieve the same clearance?

Comment

So I think I found the solution thanks to Anders93 Turner makes a modified U bracket that lowers the airbox to clear strut braces.Click image for larger version  Name:	D748F98B-CAF9-4C53-A6A0-EE4116AB59A3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	160.0 KB ID:	77990 Click image for larger version  Name:	98C830AC-4B83-4373-B474-AAD051D2994C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	77991 .
        Last edited by Thonas; 01-09-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Is that the V1 or V2 box? I thought the V2 boxes had fixed this issue.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

It is a v2 and I believe the fix between V1 and v2 was to clear the air intake at the back of the engine bay. I am experiencing clearance issues between the box and the race brace strut bar. So by lowering the box with the bracket I will hopefully gain enough clearance.

Comment

We installed a v2 as well and needed to modify the u-bracket in order to clear the stock strut brace.

Comment

Working...
              X