Ohlin R&T noise in rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohlin R&T noise in rear

Installed ohlin R&T several months ago. Only issue I have is ‘chatter’ from the rear, primarily at low speeds when going over small bumps. Read through a lot of posts but could not find anything specific. Any one experience this issue or have ideas of how I can fix?

Put the large rubber part from your stock springs back up there.. Thats what I did.. I think whats happening is the spring is probably touching the chassis. Ill try to get a picture for you.
    Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Comment

the one with the pointed rubber center part.

Comment

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Comment

From the gap between the black spacer and the lower spring perch, it looks like the spring perch isn't fully tightened to the control arm. Maybe it's supposed to articulate like that, but my rear perches (not Ohlins R&T) don't lift up like that.

Comment

I noticed that too and thought it might be due to the wheel hub in a dropped position, thought it might reposition after the car was back on the ground but can’t get a good view. Was actually looking at Difftech articulating perch which is supposed to address the angle but it’s $400 and want to make sure it’s worth it.

Comment

Comment

If it's loose enough to move when the wheel is dropped, it might move going over bumps. I'd try tightening it up and see if that gets rid of the noise.

Also, there are the GC weight jacks which have an articulating design.

Comment

Working...
                  X