ZCP/CSL Wheel paint code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZCP/CSL Wheel paint code

Looking for a paint code that is close to the factory hypersilver color or powercoat color that will get me close. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_19498.png
Views:	3407
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	78705 Click image for larger version

Name:	B0F9BD05-781A-4014-BC93-CE4469A6E69A.jpeg
Views:	5007
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	78706

it is a Glasurit Special paint code A55 Dekra Silver from Line 90
    Last edited by NZ_M3; 01-12-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Much appreciated.

Comment

Good find. Thanks.

Comment

I tried to source this state side but had no luck - any one have a source?

Comment

Originally posted by sddynamix View Post
            From Glasurit??? It is a Bespoke Glasurit colour no one else does it. Code A55 in other paint manufacturer code is a Nissan Orange so don’t bother trying.

it has a very specific and expensive tint 90-905 which is used to give it that colour flip (apparently it is real silver) - that tint alone accounts for 40% of the paint price.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

From Glasurit??? It is a Bespoke Glasurit colour no one else does it. Code A55 in other paint manufacturer code is a Nissan Orange so don’t bother trying.

it has a very specific and expensive tint 90-905 which is used to give it that colour flip (apparently it is real silver) - that tint alone accounts for 40% of the paint price.
              Yeah - I tried a few years back by reaching out to Glasurit and I never got a response. I've had my CSL fronts for about 15 years now and they're in desperate need of refinishing (and I'm still waiting on that group buy).

Comment

This place might still mix Glasurit (BASF). BTW, a pint of this stuff is $150-200.

Last edited by Slideways; 01-22-2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

This place might still mix Glasurit, but they no longer show it on their website. BTW, a pint of this stuff is $150-200.

https://www.eastbaycolorservice.com/
                  Wow nice, I'll reach out. I tried to have a local PPG shop match the wheel and it ended up spraying dark and dull.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	296D2C34-82DE-4CD9-992E-51C6B06DC018.jpeg
Views:	2120
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	80581

Yeah - I tried a few years back by reaching out to Glasurit and I never got a response. I've had my CSL fronts for about 15 years now and they're in desperate need of refinishing (and I'm still waiting on that group buy).
                    I wonder if it’s the tint that’s not readily available in the US.

Because the other three colours are nothing special in terms of their colour range. Here in New Zealand I do recall the shop telling me they would call me back to check if they have the tint in stock to ensure they could mix it. But it is a current line colour code that isn’t phased out or anything.

perhaps get them to import the tint if they don’t have it under a group buy?

Comment

Wow nice, I'll reach out. I tried to have a local PPG shop match the wheel and it ended up spraying dark and dull.
                      The only other paint manufacturer that I have seen that could match this from their tint range was Lechler.

The price of the paint I am told is because of the genuine silver content in the tint making it costing 3.5x more than everything else.

Comment

Actually, it is on their website - BASF

Comment

Very cool info NZ! I love my wheels even more now!
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I spoke to the owner of my body shop and he said it’s available. Was thinking of painting the CHs with it but there are in excellent condition so......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was researching this awhile ago and also found someone on another forum say that you can get a real close finish with powdercoat using using super chrome with a white base. Anyone know a powdercoater that is willing to do a sample to try it out>?

Comment

Working...
                              X