Streamline airbox internally implodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamline airbox internally implodes

Buddy of mine sent this video to me....i remember when this guy installed this several months ago. Hope it didn’t cause internal damage

and damn those 3D printed trumpets? Is that even a proper way to cast those?

Yerp, old news, typical Streamline build quality. They’ve since rebranded themselves as Haimus Racing, and there’s a Streamline vs Karbonius thread floating around on here that has the same vid.

Comment

Saw someone selling their Streamline box on FB for $900. Makes sense.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

That's wack but if it was just some tiny broken plastic pieces that got sucked in there, the motor is *probably* fine.
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Looks as though he already received a new box:

Last edited by oceansize; 01-18-2021, 04:34 PM.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Ahhahaha

Comment

I am not surprised one bit

Comment

lol, FDM'd bellmouths? I ran those on my FSAE car but it only had to run a year, for a streetcar seeing many miles they should've just used stock bellmouths or got them SLS'd. And those 3D-printed vertical supports... looks like they just did a crap job with the surface prep for bonding

Comment

HF! WTF! Why do people still keeping buying from them? Just stick with tried and tested Karbonious and done.

Comment

Holly sh** it's really 3d printed???? On basic 3d printer, why it cost more than 100$??

Comment

Originally posted by pnvhome View Post
                      Holly sh** it's really 3d printed???? On basic 3d printer, why it cost more than 100$??
                      I mean, only the trumpets and the support post piece were 3d printed. The actual box is carbon. But yeah, junk product not worth the few hundred dollars it might have saved. Buy a karb and be done with it.

Comment

Thats normal, just needs regulate.
                        2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                        2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                        2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          That's wack but if it was just some tiny broken plastic pieces that got sucked in there, the motor is *probably* fine.
                          If one of the broken piece jammed between valve and seat then the head has to be out to clean it. Worst if it was on EX seat then I could cause burned valve. If the jammed piece thick enough it can cause bent valve.

Comment

I will try to stay far away behind his car to avoid chipped or cracked windshield from gravels throwing by his wheels. This is the reason why we have chipped windshield when people have gravel driveway. Banned.

Comment

That's wild. It looks like those trumpets are only about 1mm thick and since they're printed flat I'm not surprised AT all that it failed like that. They need to be either plastic injection molded or perhaps carbon. BMW screws the trumpet to the backside of the box so it literally cannot come off like that.
                              E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X