No announcement yet.

Tire options that aren't PS4S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or.... I still have those Contis I tried to ship you about a year ago but it turned out to be too expensive to ship. You just gotta pick them up in texas lol
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Kumho PS91

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post
        Whether things have changed or not I have no idea, but I put a set of Hankook V12's on years ago and they sucked SO BAD, I couldn't get them off fast enough. They left such a bad taste in my mouth I'll never try Hankook again, but wouldn't anyway, learned my lesson, Michelin or bust.
        Nah, still the same story with those. Ask me how I know
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
          or.... I still have those Contis I tried to ship you about a year ago but it turned out to be too expensive to ship. You just gotta pick them up in texas lol
          haha! Shipping was soooooo much money. Sucks. I have a set of 19" Contis SportContact6s, brand new, for ZCP wheels and haven't had any luck selling them either.
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

If you can't wait I would take Continentals or Falken azenis they are better than General g-max.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              100% General Gmax if you can't get or afford (not you Liam) PS4S. Or get a TW 200 tire from federal, nitto, hankook if you're in hot climate, want traction, don't care about noise/comfort/longevity.

Conti's are nice, but at a premium. if you going to pay a premium, get Michelin.
              I honestly think if more people tried the General G Max RS they would fall in love. It's such a balanced tire that suits the nature of the car so well with almost no downsides. They work extremely well in the rain too.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

The Hankook RS4 are a great option, had the RS3 before my PS4S and I liked them, the RS4 specs are a step up from the 3

Comment

Hankook RS4s are also on backorder now. Supposedly will be restocking in the spring.

Comment

I like the Hankook Ventus V12's I just put on but haven't had much seat time yet
                    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post
                      I like the Hankook Ventus V12's I just put on but haven't had much seat time yet
                      I found those tires to be car ruiningly bad.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I found those tires to be car ruiningly bad.
                        My only other reference is the bald Michelin SuperSports the car came with and it drives 100x better
                        2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

If it was me id wait. Also, Costco's Michelin sale is going on right now. I know some people don't like to get tires installed at Costco but Ive never had a bad experience.
                          2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
                          2014 X5 50i
                          2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

def wait. Tires last a LOOOOONG time especially if you doing DD it, which you don't
                            2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                            Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                            Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                            Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                            Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                            Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Since you live in Oregon and have rain to consider, I would get the Contis from those choices.

Or just get 255/40/18 PS4s which are in stock.
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by dilmorecg View Post
                                If it was me id wait. Also, Costco's Michelin sale is going on right now. I know some people don't like to get tires installed at Costco but Ive never had a bad experience.
                                100% - the last set of PS4S I bought for my e93m3 I got at Costco. Also the tires for our i3. They've always done a good job for me too. They also have a great no-questions-asked hazard warranty and free installation. Sometimes they're a bit limited on models, like for instance, I couldn't get the Michelin AS4+ in the sizes for our X5 (275s front and 315s rear) so I had to order them on tirerack.

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                                def wait. Tires last a LOOOOONG time especially if you doing DD it, which you don't
                                I normally would - but tirerack says 6-8 weeks or more on backorder and can't give me an exact date. Costco, also, says 6-8 weeks and they're on nationwide backorder. Discount tire is the same way.

I'm really hoping to drive the e46m3 to San Diego at the end of the month, I could rent a Corolla but the e46m3 is way more fun to drive. Also, my dad just picked up a super low mileage e92m3 in LeMans blue so I'm hoping to get some family pictures along with his daily which is an f80m3.
                                E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                                Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X