Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate OEM+ retrofit big brake kit for the E46 M3 & E9X M3 by Slon_workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ultimate OEM+ retrofit big brake kit for the E46 M3 & E9X M3 by Slon_workshop

STATUS: Gathering members. Invoicing starts Feb 14th. We have hit 40! We have reached max discount

Link for information, brake bias calculations, technical information, pricing, and to sign up: https://forms.gle/yDGU5BtWshaFUJ5U9

--------

Hey guys,

Thanks for joining up Slon's chassis wall GB. I am running other GBs for Slon including this one that might be of interest to E46 M3s. It's a retrofit kit for the E9X M3, and it has a variant bracket for the E46 M3. The basic kit is unfortunately not available. We are already up to 40 kits on the GB and this will start moving next week.

There will be more E46 GBs in the future as I keep you guys in mind when discussing with European suppliers. If you have any ideas, please subscribe to my newsletter and complete the survey in the Bonjour! email - this really helps me source parts you guys actually want. I've already taken cues about the CSL trunk and I work with Karbonius as well.

Follow my build: Stripper FO E92 M3 ZCP DCT
    View all active GBs
    Get in the loop: subscribe to my newsletter

---------

THE ADVANCED KIT: F+R COMPLETE KIT WITH TWO PIECE 380MM BREMBO ROTORS & FERODO RACING PADS.

The Advanced features the same brand new 6 piston Brembo caliper fitted with a machined and anodized bracket for easy mounting on the E9X M3 - no new spindles or hubs required.

The Advanced Kit also includes rear Brembo 4 piston calipers, brackets, 2-piece floating rotors (380x34 brembo H-bobbins, 380x28 brembo d-bobbins) and optional Ferodo Racing DS2500 pads and braided hoses.

The Advanced Kit includes Slon's 2 piece 380mm slotted Brembo rotor. It is machined in house from Brembo blanks for usage on this caliper. All of Slon's rotors are made with the same dimensions as Brembo GT rotors. They are available in two slotted options and drilled.

The replacement rotor rings will cost 730$ per pair including shipping, cheaper than Brembo's own 2 piece 380x28 mm rotors which retail at 1,445$ US at Turner Motorsport.

Many of Slon's customer that were originally using the Brembo GT BBK switch to Slon's rotors and use on their kits.The complete replacement rotors with hats and rings are 1,300$ per pair.

Pad size and sweeping surface:
    - 380mm Slon 2 piece rotors you can use 57.5mm height for a nearly full sweeping coverage (60mm total)

If you will track the car, use your preferred pads using the pad shape below:

Front pads for 380mm 2pc:
    https://ecat.ferodoracing.com/produc...s/code/FRP3098
    Rear pads for 380mm 2pc:
    https://ecat.ferodoracing.com/produc...s/code/FCP1348

FINISH OPTIONS

Available colors are
    • Red with white brembo logo
    • Yellow with black brembo logo
    • F8x blue with ///M logo
    • Black with ///M logo (GTS spec)
    • Black with white brembo logo
    All finishes are powdercoated for durability including the clear coat. Custom colors are currently not possible as to streamline the manufacturing process of the GB.

LEAD TIME
    Lead time for manufacturing is 4 to 6 weeks from all invoices paid. This GB will be done in a single batch. The kit is then shipped via EMS Worldwide. Taxes and duties may apply.

Link for information, pricing, and sign up: https://forms.gle/yDGU5BtWshaFUJ5U9

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-02-02 at 9.36.00 PM.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.9 KB ID:	84339
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	557.4 KB ID:	84340

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-01-26 at 2.03.32 PM.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	212.2 KB ID:	84341
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 02-11-2021, 08:59 AM.

What are the pistons volumes and bias with this setup?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Can Slon make 355mm x 32mm blanks?

I run 17's so these aren't gonna work lol
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

I only know of one 17" that can clear 355s, even :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          What are the pistons volumes and bias with this setup?
          With 380x34 and 380x28 balance is fully the same (66.8%), as on stock With 325mm front

Comment

Is it the arc8 17x10 et25 by chance? I’m hoping to move to the db9 kit at some point starting with stock rotors and then bumping up to zcp rotors later

Comment

I've never heard of Slon Workshop. Website shows out of Russian?
              Are these factory new Brembo calipers? Or have they been built out by Slon?
              Is the caliper bracket design/dimension/offset unique to Slon and requires the exclusive use of the Slon rotor hat?
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Yes, I’m talking to Mikhail to run an E46 specific GB with smaller 360mm rotors after E9X. We want to keep things streamlined on this current GB as he has 40x kits to manufacture!

Comment

Also, any members here ever done a group buy through the OP?
                  '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Got ahead of myself - I see now that Slon = Slonik (or some variation of such), and Slonik has the group buy for the carbon rear bulkhead that Obioban has posted. Great reputation noted

Comment

My Forgelines clear with some 10mm spacers lol
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                        I've never heard of Slon Workshop. Website shows out of Russian?
                        Are these factory new Brembo calipers? Or have they been built out by Slon?
                        Is the caliper bracket design/dimension/offset unique to Slon and requires the exclusive use of the Slon rotor hat?
                        SlonWorkshop is ran by Mikhail in Russia. They are widely known for their clever engineering and immaculate carbon work.

These are brand new OEM Brembo rotors that are machined to accept brackets.

The E9X kit has an adaptable, modular bracket to accept OEM 360mm, OEM 380mm and 2 piece Brembo 380mm. The E46 wouldn’t be like this as there are no OE rotors to use. It would be compatible with any Brembo 2 piece rotor or equivalent from other brands such as StopTech’s 355mm.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                          Also, any members here ever done a group buy through the OP?
                          Over 400 E9X members have ahah. SYT Shadow got me here and if I can help your community benefit through my connections, I’d love to if you guys need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

SlonWorkshop is ran by Mikhail in Russia. They are widely known for their clever engineering and immaculate carbon work.

These are brand new OEM Brembo rotors that are machined to accept brackets.

The E9X kit has an adaptable, modular bracket to accept OEM 360mm, OEM 380mm and 2 piece Brembo 380mm. The E46 wouldn’t be like this as there are no OE rotors to use. It would be compatible with any Brembo 2 piece rotor or equivalent from other brands such as StopTech’s 355mm.
                            Thanks.

I think you have a typo above - red text - "The Advanced Kit includes front and rear Brembo 4 piston calipers..."

I'm not used to seeing rear rotors same size as fronts but I note you say in a later post the balance remains factory, so that was helpful.

And could you please answer my caliper question?

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                              I've already taken cues about the CSL trunk and I work with Karbonius as well.
                              Sorry for going off topic, but if you set up a GB for a Karbonius cf roof, I would put myself on the list immediately. I'm sure others on here would do the same.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X