No announcement yet.

Current CSL Trunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the oem csl made of? Cf?? I assume its lighter than stock but is it as light as the aftermarkets? Anyone know what is the weight difference from oe stock metal to the oe csl?

Comment

Originally posted by F1Dryvr View Post
      What is the oem csl made of? Cf?? I assume its lighter than stock but is it as light as the aftermarkets? Anyone know what is the weight difference from oe stock metal to the oe csl?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3EFB745F-1E67-42BB-AF51-DE72A101E864.jpeg
Views:	1003
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	11971 Click image for larger version

Name:	75D53D73-D804-4AA4-994D-E541EAA9DDDE.jpeg
Views:	999
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	11972

Comment

My SGT trunk fits close to OEM. Really happy with it, but it purchased during their heyday of being a reputable vendor. Nowadays I'd stick with OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
          The ones people are showing are the factory ones but filament bulbs. The newer BMW ones are LED and a lot of us CSL trunk owners swaped to these.
          Ok found my photo and part number. 63.26.7.193.293
          Attached Files
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post

I'll make a DIY when I get my trunk painted in a couple weeks. I have a lot of free time with a stay at home order in place
            Any luck on that guide yet? Trying to find a wiring DIY before I order all the pieces to wire it up.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
            2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Just curious, how does the production of the OEM trunks work through BMW? Do they produce in batches every year and will they continue to do so?

Comment

Curious also on info of weight of the OEM CSL trunk. I have street/track car but looking to see what is the lightest with the best fitment. maybe vorsteiner?

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

Any luck on that guide yet? Trying to find a wiring DIY before I order all the pieces to wire it up.
                  No progress yet on my trunk unfortunately. My CSL trunk liner is stuck in transit and most shops around me don't seem to want to take on the work right now.

I think this is the rough idea:

'06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                  '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                  '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                  '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post

No progress yet on my trunk unfortunately. My CSL trunk liner is stuck in transit and most shops around me don't seem to want to take on the work right now.

I think this is the rough idea:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641410
                    Oh nice, thanks for that link!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I will be getting OEM when I buy a CSL trunk in the future
                      2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                      2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                      Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Another must have item I have to buy

And it sounds like a unanimous decision on OEM !

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                          Check Schmiedmannn for OE as well. Got mine there for less including freight than ECS at the time. I replaced an SGT CF one. Annoying to add weight back onto the car but honestly I prefer the more substantial feel when opening and closing, and the fit is better. I’ll make up for it with a CF roof
                          I need to finish up the wiring to the license plate lamps (using the e39 lamps).

Currently going through trying to button up few loose ends that's been on back burner since 2004.

Are folks running the trunk with or without the toolkit?

I do have the toolkit retrofitted to the OE CSL trunk lid back when it was installed in 2007 (urgh...) but i've been hanging on to the CSL liner since.

I guess i need to try opening and closing with and without the added weights on lid.

Comment

Oem all day. Why buy a replica trunk when the oem trunk is only a little more in price.

Comment

anyone know why BMW decided to mass produce the OEM CSL trunk lately? is it because they finally realize a ton of money could be made? if so... why not make other CSL parts?
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Nobody answered my question about convertible CSL trunks, rip...

Comment

Working...
                                X