Current CSL Trunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gixxer View Post

I need to finish up the wiring to the license plate lamps (using the e39 lamps).

Currently going through trying to button up few loose ends that's been on back burner since 2004.

Are folks running the trunk with or without the toolkit?

I do have the toolkit retrofitted to the OE CSL trunk lid back when it was installed in 2007 (urgh...) but i've been hanging on to the CSL liner since.

I guess i need to try opening and closing with and without the added weights on lid.
    Mulled over this, and decided to cover up this "ugly" with the CSL liner, loose the tools...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	977
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	51189

Now only if i can get these parts put together to get the lamps connected...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	972
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	51188

Comment

OE CSL ftw!

Comment

Surprised prices haven't skyrocketed yet on these. I bet it does very soon.

Comment

Had an opportunity to buy a brand new ECS CF trunk at a ridiculous price. Been debating if I should put it on, generally speaking what are experiences? I'm fine if it isn't 100% spot on since it's a tenth of the price.

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
            Had an opportunity to buy a brand new ECS CF trunk at a ridiculous price. Been debating if I should put it on, generally speaking what are experiences? I'm fine if it isn't 100% spot on since it's a tenth of the price.
            Be worried if this is their “house brand” vs a quality company. Their house brand was crap. Fitment poor but more so was a stock trunk mold with the duck tail design added. Which means the deep LP area and horizontal “crease” line doesn’t even exist. Also had roundel emblem fitment issues.

I’m also in the camp with others that fully exposed CF body panels usually looks cheaper than actually nicer.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Not very difficult to install a CSL trunk, so I would install it and see how the fitment is since you've already purchased it. However in general, I think most CF trunks outside of Status Gruppe and discontinued Vorsteiner trunks are known for fitment issues. If you prioritize fitment over looks, I'd probably look for an FRP CSL trunk as those tend to fit better from what I've read but YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                Be worried if this is their “house brand” vs a quality company. Their house brand was crap. Fitment poor but more so was a stock trunk mold with the duck tail design added. Which means the deep LP area and horizontal “crease” line doesn’t even exist. Also had roundel emblem fitment issues.

I’m also in the camp with others that fully exposed CF body panels usually looks cheaper than actually nicer.
                Yeah it’s the house brand. That’s what I’m fearing.

Comment

Yeah it’s the house brand. That’s what I’m fearing.
                  So what options you considering in regards to installing vs not installing yourself? Like sell it? Have a shop install and finesse it? Or you install for now?

Some of those had poor fitment but it’s still a 1/2 mold of factory base so it’ll mount. Takes a little to align. Just be careful torquing hinge bolts down too tight it’ll stress crack on top. Also test the mounting for these bolts prior so they aren’t too long. I’ve seen some need washers so bolts aren’t too deep and screw into trunk top from underneath (again cracking CF/FRP). Lock cylinder often needs some dremel trimming on inside too.

Overall it’s not a difficult diy to install if you do it. But with most body parts a body shop makes it look easy and simple.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

anyone know where to find one beside carID or status gruppe?

Comment

Has anyone found a vendor that has an OEM version even in stock? ECS, Turner, Schmiedmann are all on backorder for 1-2 months.
                      2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                      [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post
                        Has anyone found a vendor that has an OEM version even in stock? ECS, Turner, Schmiedmann are all on backorder for 1-2 months.
                        I had no luck. and the prices are $2700 USD plus shipping. That is what the price I was given and back ordered. Im pissed as I had the chance to buy it for $1200 but dragged my feet too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

I had no luck. and the prices are $2700 USD plus shipping. That is what the price I was given and back ordered. Im pissed as I had the chance to buy it for $1200 but dragged my feet too long.
                          I'm beginning to get nervous that these may be on their way to NLA, and my hesitation on the current price is starting to get smaller as the risk of them getting more rare and more pricey continues to grow. I currently don't know which vendor will most reliably be able to fulfill my order.

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post

I'm beginning to get nervous that these may be on their way to NLA, and my hesitation on the current price is starting to get smaller as the risk of them getting more rare and more pricey continues to grow. I currently don't know which vendor will most reliably be able to fulfill my order.
                            I came to the conclusion and came to peace with it. its not meant to be for me. I ended up going with the DTM Fiberwerkz trunk. wanted something American made, reliable with communications so I can talk to a real person. Not winning any car shows anytime soon. I will do my best with fitment but im not super anal Unless its WAY off.

Comment

What's wrong with https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...ash-2trk~frsh/ ?

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post
                                All aftermarket models are at risk of having fitment issues and variable build quality. YMMV obviously, although there's nothing wrong with aftermarket as long as your expectations are in the right spot in terms of quality relative to OEM

Comment

Working...
                                X