Current CSL Trunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonnim View Post
    That’s a stock trunk design with the difference of just the “duck bill” slope. It’s not like the CSL trunk back that has no handle, the correct height of “crease line” from tail light to tail light, recessed license plate area and angle of slope facing rear.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw-m3-csl-ms-02.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	89034
    Last edited by old///MFanatic; 03-04-2021, 02:44 PM.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

maybe the factory that used to make them went under due to covid ?
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Karbonius will start making them at some point, won't they?

Comment

Gotcha..so they're out everywhere because of covid?

Comment

I ended up just ordering a Status Gruppe. I know I'll wait months, but its the same design as the original CSL. (No handle)

Comment

joshuatrueanderson When I bought my M3 the PO had already put the status gruppe bootlid and diffuser on. Am fairly impressed with the fitment of the bootlid given the cost difference. Especially considering it is the OE CSL design with no handle and when compared to other cheap alternatives. When I had it next to my friend's car with one of the ECS carbon fibre versions the difference was pretty shocking. Would never ever spend money on one of those after seeing his. The SG version is a little low in the top corners on mine, but I've had it next to genuine CSL bootlids and they were the same so could be the way its aligned and just needs some adjustment. In any case I would keep your original bootlid if the one you get is a lemon.

Took a few photos of mine for reference. It's by no means perfect, but close enough that it hasn't bothered me enough to put the original bootlid back on. The same cannot be said for the diffuser, Don't recommend that at all. Fits like ass. Still waiting for Karb/mile end to start making them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210305_193031.png Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	89110 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21580.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	89108

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210305_193013.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	89113 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210305_193039.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	89109

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatrueanderson View Post
                I ended up just ordering a Status Gruppe. I know I'll wait months, but its the same design as the original CSL. (No handle)
                My SGT was very wavy and had crazy panel gaps. Replaced with oe csl and that fit perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
                  Have a Vorsteiner and very happy w the fitment. Would’ve gone OEM but a friend sold me this new, never installed VCSL. Weighs almost nothing!
                  Vorsteiner makes a fantastic product.
                  I'm as confused as you are.
                  M3BC, #18
                  Club 6MT

Comment

Bringing this thread back. I have a csl trunk I bought a few years back and had been sitting in my storage. I've been focused on engine and suspension on my car and I finally pulled the trunk to prep it. When I bought the trunk, the guy told me is was a SG but I realized now the backside doesn't look the same.

Can anyone help identify the trunk based on the backside? It looks more like a OE csl but I'm trying to find out if another company made an frp replica based on the original trunk. I don't see any sticker or stamp that makes it an oem trunk.

thanks!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                      Bringing this thread back. I have a csl trunk I bought a few years back and had been sitting in my storage. I've been focused on engine and suspension on my car and I finally pulled the trunk to prep it. When I bought the trunk, the guy told me is was a SG but I realized now the backside doesn't look the same.

Can anyone help identify the trunk based on the backside? It looks more like a OE csl but I'm trying to find out if another company made an frp replica based on the original trunk. I don't see any sticker or stamp that makes it an oem trunk.

thanks!
                      That looks like a standard aftermarket FRP trunklid. Hopefully the fitment is good as those were the cheaper alternatives to the already ok fitment CF ones they charged more for. The original BMW one has a stamp with part number above the door lock mechanism. There is a replica one that has the same stamp, but it is fairly easy to tell the difference in materials and finish between the two.

Comment

Any reasonably priced gotos these days? Unfortunately when the OEM ones were going for 1k, I just was not in the right position.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                          Any reasonably priced gotos these days? Unfortunately when the OEM ones were going for 1k, I just was not in the right position.
                          They are all in the 2k range. Karbonius and Slon are the next best thing to OE.
                          Last edited by Slideways; 06-15-2023, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Slideways, can you clarify by what you mean standard aftermarket? This trunk is a CSL type without the license plate trim. I've tried searching for CSL style trunks with this underside type but could only find that it matches the OEM CSL, but there's no part no. I can find hear the lock.

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                              Slideways, can you clarify by what you mean standard aftermarket? This trunk is a CSL type without the license plate trim. I've tried searching for CSL style trunks with this underside type but could only find that it matches the OEM CSL, but there's no part no. I can find hear the lock.
                              Yes, it is a CSL style trunk, not the Euro CSL style trunklid with the handle. By standard, I mean they are mostly manufactured in the same place from the same mold and rebranded by ECS, SGT, etc.

Comment

I see what you mean. I guess what I meant to point out was that the other trunks like SG, ECS brand don't have the same underside mold pattern like the one I have. It looks more like it was based off an factory non-csl trunk. I was hoping someone might know if another company made a csl replica with the same underside mold pattern. The only other trunk I could find so far was vorsteiner but their trunk is carbon, not frp. Thanks for your the input!

Comment

Working...
                                X