No announcement yet.

Damper ratings for stock setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you go the Koni route make sure you buy something like the Rogue Engineering rear mounts, which allow you to remove the shocks for adjustment without tearing apart the trunk.

Comment

No need. It is a vert. Easy Peasy. Open top halfway prop it open remove sthock nuts. Just keep track of them or they will disappear into the car Netherlands

Comment

I remember seeing a thread about flat ride somewhere but I can't find it. Can someone please point me to it? Also does anyone know of a place that does custom re-valving on Koni sports?
        Last edited by sharadn; 02-27-2021, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I think I figured out what was causing the harshness. I was playing around with the suspension parts and had some of them out. While putting things back together I noticed that the boot was torn on the upper ball joint on the drop links on the front sway bar. I bought new ones and put them on and this seems to have made quite a difference. The old ones are now in the transfer station so I cannot assess them and did not think to check them out before I threw them out. I wonder if the top ball joint was frozen and this was limiting the travel on my front struts. The car feels much better now and I can feel the suspension actually working. Before it just felt dead. If my dampers are not as tight as new they are certainly not blown and car handles quite well now. Has anyone else ever noticed this? It seems odd that this could be the case but there is a distinct difference between before and after. One of the best $35 I have ever spent on this car. It is still quite stiffly sprung and I may still go to Koni sports. Will definitely replace the front Michelin A/S 3 with the Contis DWS 06 but for now it feels like the car is driving the way it is supposed to.
          Last edited by sharadn; 03-11-2021, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharadn View Post
            I remember seeing a thread about flat ride somewhere but I can't find it. Can someone please point me to it? Also does anyone know of a place that does custom re-valving on Koni sports?
            One thing that was missing from this new forum so far was - FCM E46 M3 Ride Harmonizer suspension spreadsheet - aka Flatride For all people using this amazing flatride concept to share, discuss, and fine tune their setups. Here it is: http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/FCM..._M3_Online.htm (http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/FCM_R

PSI in Sonoma ($$$)
            Truechoice in the Midwest
            Ground Control probably could in CA

That being said, revalving off the shelf Koni Yellows (the Sport dampers) probably isn't worth the cost. You would be better off buying them custom valved from GC or TCK in the first place if you're running a custom spring rate setup.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Thanks for the link to the flat ride calculator. Looks to be very helpful. I will forget about custom revalving, doesn't seem like it is worth it. Especially now that I have seen some progress in getting my issue sorted out.

Comment

Working...
              X