Clear All

Nice! fishbowl please though.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Nice! fishbowl please though.
      These were on the car when I bought it. They look insanely dark in the picture but they are only 20% I do want to go lighter. Will probably do XPEL Prime XR Black in 35% all around when I get around to worrying about the windows. Can't do fishbowl though lmao
      2006 Alpine White/Black ZCP 6-Speed

Join the E46 M3 Owners FB Group HERE

Comment

Originally posted by nuc1 View Post
        Just spoke with American Collector Insurance. They stated since my car did not go to car shows and was not a “special model” they were unable to write a policy.
        Anyone run into this?

Mike
        That’s really weird. I have both of my m3’s insured by American Collectors with zero issues. I think you should reach out and speak with the underwriter to request additional information.

I think that they made a mistake. You should advise them that an m3 is a special model of a BMW 3-series and was made lower numbers compared to the 3 series. Let them also know that you attend meets and shows. They do not track your movements not ask for prove that you attend shows.

Is your car completely stock?

Also depends on the class they put you in. You may have tried to get into the modified class and if your car is totally stock could pose a problem.

You could request to be into the classic class if your completely stock as the e46 m3 is now starting to become 20 years older old.

Comment

Has anyone (in CA) successfully insured their car under one of these policies with more than one licensed driver per household and a shared daily?

All of the companies mentioned in this thread are asking me for one daily per person in the household. I'm about ready to go buy a shitty motorcycle off of craigslist to just register as a "daily" for myself. This is ridiculous.

Edit: Just called a state farm rep to see if they would offer their classic car insurance to me. Was told that a lot of agreed value providers are being much more strict with these policies in California due to the current car market, which is probably why I've been having trouble getting one. Was also told that state farm will be buying Hagerty later this year and will have them manage all their classic cars. Rep wasn't sure if that would make it easier for me to get a policy, but he encouraged me to try calling them back once the deal went through later this year.
          Last edited by heinzboehmer; 03-10-2023, 03:29 PM.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            I'm about ready to go buy a shitty motorcycle off of craigslist to just register as a "daily" for myself. This is ridiculous.
            Do eeeeeeeeeeet. Or get a proper cheap bike for the occasional funsies, my SV was only $2500.

Was also told that state farm will be buying Hagerty later this year and will have them manage all their classic cars. Rep wasn't sure if that would make it easier for me to get a policy, but he encouraged me to try calling them back once the deal went through later this year.
            Hmmmmmmmmm I hope not. Hagerty has seemed to be such a good company catering to car enthusiasts, not sure that would continue with State Farm taking ship​

Comment

I just got quotes from American Collectors and Hagerty. The quotes were for 5k miles of use and an agreed value of $37k. The quoted coverage amounts are the same, except that the American Collectors quote was for a $0 deductible and the Hagerty quote was for $1000. American Collectors quoted $1100 and Hagerty quoted $1600.

My dad has had his stuff insured with Hagerty for years and loves them, and a friend has 9 or 10 cars insured with them and has nothing but good things to say, but at 145% the price of American Collectors, Hagerty seems way out of line. I like all the auto related content and events they sponsor, but I cant see paying so much to help support all that.

I did read that since Hagerty went public State Farm has bought a significant stake. McKeel Hagerty has stated publicly that his family will maintain control of the company, but who knows what will happen with that much money sloshing around. If State Farm does take control it will be the end of them. State Farm are nothing but gangsters and extortionists.

D-O

Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Grundy was much cheaper than Hagerty for me.
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Grundy here as well. Hagerty quoted me significantly more. Not gonna pay that much more for garage queens that collect dust. Being in Cali the only thing that worries me is an earth quake. Not so much worried about car accidents or theft
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
                    I just got quotes from American Collectors and Hagerty.

D-O
                    What category did you use with American Collectors? Asking as they denied me saying my car isn't that special.

Mike
                    02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                    11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                    16 X5

Comment

Mike,

We have auto coverage through USAA. USAA wont write an agreed value policy, but they have a relationship with American Collectors and I followed a link from the USAA site right to American Collectors. I just entered the details about the car and they quoted it.

Jesse
                      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Just FYI, American Collectors doesn't allow you to track your car at all. Was told that if they found out it goes on a racetrack, they'll cancel the policy.

Also, seems like —at least in California— everyone who writes agreed value policies is doing the "one daily per licensed person in the household" thing now.

Edit: Oh one other thing, Grundy didn't like my idea of a motorcycle. Nor did they seem to like that I do track days in my car:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, taking the vehicle to and from the track is not usage that underwriting approves for collector vehicle coverage. Additionally, a motorcycle is not a vehicle that would be considered adequate daily transportation under our guidelines. We’re sorry that we weren’t able to assist you with this.
                        Have talked to a lot of insurance companies and agents over the past week or so. Seems like things are getting a lot stricter to qualify for these types of policies (once again, at least in California). sigh
                        Last edited by heinzboehmer; 03-16-2023, 10:09 AM.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Man plus it's raining here too now, what the fuck
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Just FYI, American Collectors doesn't allow you to track your car at all. Was told that if they found out it goes on a racetrack, they'll cancel the policy.

Also, seems like —at least in California— everyone who writes agreed value policies is doing the "one daily per licensed person in the household" thing now.

Edit: Oh one other thing, Grundy didn't like my idea of a motorcycle. Nor did they seem to like that I do track days in my car:

Have talked to a lot of insurance companies and agents over the past week or so. Seems like things are getting a lot stricter to qualify for these types of policies (once again, at least in California). sigh
                            All of this is why Hagerty is the most expensive. As far as I can gather, they won’t refuse to pay or cancel your policy for any of this stuff, basically it’s a rough mileage limit. They don’t even seem to care about separate daily drivers per household member, at least here in MA. They also allow driveway storage unlike any of the other policies that I’ve seen.

I just switched my three cars to them from Grundy .. yeah it’s twice as much for a few bucks lower agreed value but the Grundy policy always made me nervous. I might pull some shit where I rotate cars off Grundy and Hagerty depending on which one is off the road / stored at a given time. That would be easy on the Hagerty side but Grundy is pretty slow and unresponsive .. another reason I just ditched them.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                              All of this is why Hagerty is the most expensive. As far as I can gather, they won’t refuse to pay or cancel your policy for any of this stuff, basically it’s a rough mileage limit. They don’t even seem to care about separate daily drivers per household member, at least here in MA. They also allow driveway storage unlike any of the other policies that I’ve seen.
                              Yeah they were pretty good about letting me do whatever I wanted with my car. Unfortunately still got denied because of the separate daily driver thing . Maybe that's a recent change or maybe that's just a CA thing.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

I just switched my three cars to them from Grundy .. yeah it’s twice as much for a few bucks lower agreed value but the Grundy policy always made me nervous. I might pull some shit where I rotate cars off Grundy and Hagerty depending on which one is off the road / stored at a given time. That would be easy on the Hagerty side but Grundy is pretty slow and unresponsive .. another reason I just ditched them.
                                The exclusions make me nervous too. When I called American Collectors they gave me the answers I wanted to hear, but I am going to request a written copy of the policy. My regular USAA policy would probably only cover about half the value of the car, but at least I know I am covered no matter what I am using the car for. I am a bit concerned that if she gets stacked up American Collectors/Hagerty/etc will pull some loop hole out of the fine print and deny me any coverage at all.

I wonder if its possible to get a policy to cover only the difference between what USAA will cover and the agreed value.

D-O
                                Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                                X