Agreed upon value insurance policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ej257 View Post
    As someone just getting into looking at an agreed upon value insurance, what's the process with various companies in verifying the condition/value for your car?
    picutres and comps

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post

picutres and comps
      What? No. I wasn't asked for any with Hagerty or Grundy.
      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        Just got my Grundy renewal. $340 (year) for $30k value.
        Whats the liability limits and deductible? Seems way lower than even what I'm currently paying w/multi-car, and loyalty discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

Me neither
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Me neither
            i was. wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
              just got off the phone with grundy, theyre telling me for my 05 m3, 30k is the max based on blackbook. i asked htem if i can send them comps from bring a trailer or grundy's valuation book and they said "we can try" but we're at the max. WTF

I even told them I know others that have the same car and policies with them that have higher agreed value. they told me to submit pics and comps to underwriting but likely wont make a difference
              anyone else run into this?

Comment

I recently got a new policy with Grundy; did everything online (had to submit front / rear/ side pics) and there were no issues with them giving me agreed value quotes higher than 30k. I'm not sure what the issue is (location maybe?), but if they are firm in not accepting agreed values over 30k for e46m3; id have no issue going with Hagerty (as evidenced by their own valuation guide)

Yumpu releases magazines, documents and catalogs on the internet. Publish for free. Gain new readers and costumers worldwide.
                Attached Files

Comment

I was asked for pictures with Grundy when I first signed up a few years ago. I wonder if they act as a broker for different insurance providers? That would explain all the different experiences. My actual coverage is through Philadelphia insurance companies, anyone have anything different?

I have both my M3 and M5 insured with them for $45k valuation, $410 premium each I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

I was asked for pictures with Grundy when I first signed up a few years ago. I wonder if they act as a broker for different insurance providers? That would explain all the different experiences. My actual coverage is through Philadelphia insurance companies, anyone have anything different?

I have both my M3 and M5 insured with them for $45k valuation, $410 premium each I believe.
                    Didn't have to submit any pictures.
                    That is why I was surprised at the valuations I got from Grundy, for much lower agreed value - however, perhaps my policy limits were higher/lower deductible. Hagerty (which I have right now) were considerably lower with the same limits/values.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 9.55.20 AM by Italian Horses, on Flickr
                    Last edited by TexaZ3; 07-29-2021, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Whats the liability limits and deductible? Seems way lower than even what I'm currently paying w/multi-car, and loyalty discounts.
                      100k, unins 35k, 30k value, $100 deduc. Comp & coll
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

that's who mine is through, philadephia insurance company. im at 30k and theyre giving me grief to go over that. Do you have any mods on your m3?

Comment

82k miles ZCP 6spd rebuilt title 30k agreed value, zero deductible.

Our insurance agent didn’t even bay an eye at 30k. Likely can go higher, but we’re happy with 30k.

Comment

2003 e46 ZHP m3 conversion here. was rejected a few times by Grundy but was persistent and finally they accepted my car.

I was able to get Grundy to insure my e46 4 door M3 conversion for $52k agreed value. paid $612 for the year with $500 deductibles and 50/100k 100/300k comp collision personal

had to send in a bunch of pictures and details of the conversion for them to accept the WBA car for $52k lol

Comment

Has anybody had any luck with Grundy, as a single-vehicle household? The latest BaT results have me nervous... My car is just for pleasure use + maybe one errand a week, 3-4k miles / year.
                              2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
                                Has anybody had any luck with Grundy, as a single-vehicle household? The latest BaT results have me nervous... My car is just for pleasure use + maybe one errand a week, 3-4k miles / year.
                                Not me

I use my car pretty much exactly as you do and have been trying to get an agreed value policy for years now, but as soon as I mention not owning another car, I get told to go away. All the insurance companies I've talked to seem to believe that it's impossible to survive in the US without using a car as your main method of transportation.
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X