Agreed upon value insurance policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
    jrgatfh Did you have to go through an agent or can you get quote online? Thats a good rate.
    I went through my local State Farm agent. I have my homeowner's insurance with them and my parents have their cars with them as well.

They quoted $1,300 per yr to insure my 911 Turbo with an AV of $300k.

Comment

I used to have Grundy and they were fine, never had any claims, but it did have the limitations. But i really only take the E46 to cars and coffee, country drives or car events. Then when my car hit 20yrs old my American Family policy would do agreed value, for $30k it was about $400/yr with Grundy or AmFam.
      E46 M3 LSB
      F80 M3 Sakhir
      F86 X5M Alpine

Comment

I use American Modern, $1058 total for 3 Porsches and the M3, which costs $213 for $25k stated value. Mileage limit of 3k per year, garaged, not DD etc. I'm going to raise the value to $30k due to about $7k in mods in March, they want pictures and receipts.

Comment

Do any of these agreed value policies not have a 5k mile limit? My M3 isn't necessarily a primary vehicle, but I wouldn't want to be that limited.

I assume you have to tell them how many miles the car has?
          Last edited by K-Dawg; 02-03-2022, 04:35 AM.
          2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
            Do any of these agreed value policies not have a 5k mile limit? My M3 isn't necessarily a primary vehicle, but I wouldn't want to be that limited.

Just got Hagerty. They did not ask current mileage. I asked if they needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

K-Dawg I have American Collectors and they did not ask for proof of current mileage

Comment

Right. I’m thinking 3000 mile limit… I did half that in a weekend last fall 🤣

Comment

American Modern has 1k, 3k and 5k limits, priced accordingly. I went with 3k as I drive about 1-2k per year with other DD. They did not ask for current mileage so no idea how they check.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post

Tier 1: USAA (if you are eligible)

Tier 2: Erie, Farm Bureau

Tier 3: State Farm

Tier 4: Geico, Progressive

Tier 5: AllSnake

Tier 6: Insurance presented by Shaq (National General, Integon

State Farm sucks when you have a claim. Their adjusters are...by far...the worst. Getting them to pay for fasteners and small detail stuff is difficult. State Farm would not put a new engine into a flood car that had 20k miles on it and under warranty where every other company puts a new engine in, no questions asked.

And USAA is not as good as it used to be either. Same reasons as State Farm.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                      State Farm sucks when you have a claim. Their adjusters are...by far...the worst.
                      Wow, I've had State Farm for about 30 years and they've been nothing short of fantastic for me. Whether it's a windshield or body work, never a problem. Guess it's like Forrest's "box of chocolates"...

Comment

I haven’t had any issues with State Farm either. No hassle claims and glass replacement. No out of pocket to use O.E. glass in windshields.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
                          No out of pocket to use O.E. glass in windshields.
                          For sure. I've replaced the M's several times, but my previous car, a 1990 Prelude ate windshields like crazy from the chip sealing that's done here. Aerodynamics where just right I guess. Never outta pocket.

Comment

Might be regional but at least in Houston…State Farm is THE worst.

Comment

Just got on Hagerty, which I've been wanting to do for a very long time given I'm at ~225k miles. Previously I'd only had my car so there was no chance, but recently got a motorcycle and had the lightbulb brain moment of using that as the primary vehicle. Over the phone I clarified with the agent multiple times if this was okay or not, he assured me it was fine. Glad to finally have an agreed value policy on my car!

Comment

Looks like Hagerty will insure my E39 M5 and E46 despite sharing a daily driver CX-5 with my wife (her car). I specifically answered “no” on the online quote for the do you have a daily driver question. It’s not cheap compared to my current Grundy policy but the coverage seems a lot more comprehensive and I cranked up the values a bit.

A big chunk of the reason I bought my 21 Miata last year was to satisfy the daily driver requirement with something fun, so I’ve already signed the paperwork to sell it back. Only depreciated a few hundred bucks in a year. It’s cool but pretty redundant with the M3.
                                Last edited by repoman89; 03-04-2022, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X