CSL Diffuser options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Diffuser options

I've been looking to pick a CSL rear diffuser and was planning to go with Mile End Composites but it looks like he's unable to continue to produce these/NLA (based on his most recent IG comment).

Other than OEM, what other options has everyone been satisfied with, fitment/quality wise?
    2003 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Black

Happybuyitnow168 aka amoeba wings out of Taiwan iirc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTED-Car...8AAOSwlspazd~W

Damn, these were like $270 just a while ago. Still, outside of OE or MileEnd, this is as good/cheap as it gets imo.

^ that's 2x2, here's 1x1 at same price:

Last edited by Tbonem3; 02-23-2021, 08:32 AM.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Wait for a used Mile End or VCSL one.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Yes, Mile End composites had the following to say just a week ago (to me via email): Unfortunately they are no longer available at the moment. We no longer have a mold to create it, as our mold has reached the end of its lifespan. We are hoping to recreate a new mold sometime this summer if we can get a hold of another OE diffuser. Sorry about that. Stay safe!

Here's what Ana at Karbonius had to say back in Oct 2019: Regarding with diffuser, sorry, we do not have in catalogue. There was a problem with mould and we decided not to manufacture it, at least at the moment. We are now working in an online shop and our website is not being updated

I bought a SG piece and it was/is fine. I bought 2x2 regular weave (they couldn't do it in pre-preg). I opted for paint match and it was spot-on. I had to shave down the top from the inside to fit well enough into the bumper. The bottom fastening hole were a little off. It looks perfectly fine from the outside. With 15% discount I paid a tad over $525 inclusive of the $180 paint match. I only cared to check with Mile End recently because I had a new rear OEM bumper and wanted to put the best possible piece on, since I was going to the effort of repainting. Now I'll keep what I have.
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Happybuyitnow168 aka amoeba wings out of Taiwan iirc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTED-Car...8AAOSwlspazd~W

Damn, these were like $270 just a while ago. Still, outside of OE or MileEnd, this is as good/cheap as it gets imo.

^ that's 2x2, here's 1x1 at same price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HALF-CARBON...UAAOSwAghazd~t
          +1. Got one of those a few months back. Quality, fitment and paint match are all pretty good, especially for the price.

And yeah they really upped the price on those. Got mine for $298 + tax and shipping. Total came to $318.

Here's a couple pics of fitment and paint match:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_163740.jpg
Views:	3763
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	86834

Name:	20210115_145538.jpg
Views:	3973
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	86835
          Last edited by heinzboehmer; 02-23-2021, 12:20 PM.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Name:	m3.jpg
Views:	3724
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	86833i got one years back from Tekarbon (which is prob the same as the happybuyitnow on ebay) Fitment is great and i kind of like the metal tab used to install over the factory clips. Makes removing them effortless & less prone to damaging.
            Last edited by antknee; 02-23-2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

if you want the highest quality, wait for mile end or karbonius. If you want good-enough quality, just go with Happybuyitnow168
              2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
              Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
              Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
              Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
              Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
              Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

As picky as I am, these diffusers are the least I’m worried about. Even the cheap ones do just fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
                  As picky as I am, these diffusers are the least I’m worried about. Even the cheap ones do just fine for me
                  Exactly. We're not talking the boot or airbox or something really important.

Comment

The messy 2x2 weave on the exposed part of the SG piece that came on my car eventually irritated me enough to replace it with a 1x1 Mile End piece. Really cheapened the whole look and I couldn’t unsee it. How is the weave on the happybuyitnow ones?

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                      The messy 2x2 weave on the exposed part of the SG piece that came on my car eventually irritated me enough to replace it with a 1x1 Mile End piece. Really cheapened the whole look and I couldn’t unsee it. How is the weave on the happybuyitnow ones?
                      Not Karbonius-level, but pretty good. This is the best pic I could find:

Name:	20201028_162724_2.jpg
Views:	3588
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	86996
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Hard to tell but certainly looks better than SG 👍

Comment

Yeah picture's pretty bad. I can grab a better one next time I go out to the garage.

Comment

I am tempted to get one of the happybuyitnow pieces but worry it will touch by double walled SCZA muffler tips, just eyeballing my setup and pictures of CSL style diffusers looks a bit tight.

Anyone with the larger diameter tips on a SCZA muffler running one of these diffusers?

Name:	20210224_182139.jpg
Views:	3525
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	87071 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210224_182253.jpg
Views:	3478
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	87072
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Cubieman; 02-24-2021, 03:24 PM.
                            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                            Instagram

Comment

I have 82mm (OD) SGT tips and they didn't touch.

Comment

Working...
                              X