No announcement yet.

CSL Diffuser options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a diffuser purchased from Ebay for the BMW E46 M3 from seller happybuyitnow168.As you can see, the diffuser does not sit flush with my BMW OEM bumper...

Comment

Man, this thread....I just bought one from Happychicom, I almost went a month without spending something on this car.
      In that video the fitment isn't good at all, I hope if mine fits like that I can sand it in a few spots for flush fitment.
      I'm all about not cheaping out, but for for this peice I'm willing to roll the dice. I knew I should have pulled the trigger months back, now I got to pay quite a bit more.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Man, this thread....I just bought one from Happychicom, I almost went a month without spending something on this car.
        In that video the fitment isn't good at all, I hope if mine fits like that I can sand it in a few spots for flush fitment.
        I'm all about not cheaping out, but for for this peice I'm willing to roll the dice. I knew I should have pulled the trigger months back, now I got to pay quite a bit more.
        eBay heavily biases towards the buyer. Very worst case you'd have to send it back on your own dime for a return, but more than likely you'd be able to get them to cover your return cost. I'd just ask them about fitment beforehand so you have proof of their claims about fitment not being an issue.

Actually just sign up for the PayPal return guarantee and they'll comp your return shipping if the seller doesn't. You can also use this for FCP warranty returns so they end up being truly free (as long as return shipping is within the $30 limit):

Comment

Yep just paid through paypal for my recent FCP order as I expect to warranty return some things. Activated the Paypal return feature and just checked it out.

Up to $30 worth of return labels via Fedex or you can request a reimbursement if the vendor already charged you for return shipping or if you already paid USPS.

Is it per transaction hopefully? It didn't say in what I saw.
          Last edited by Tbonem3; 02-25-2021, 08:25 AM.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The only gripe I have with the eBay CSL diffusers is that they aren't straight. That annoys me to no end lol

2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            ​ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build ​​
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
              The only gripe I have with the eBay CSL diffusers is that they aren't straight. That annoys me to no end lol
              agreed but honestly to the untrained eye it’s harder to see the flaws. Most ppl that see mine don’t really notice the waviness but for us it can’t be unseen. I have seen Status gruppe ones in person and the weave portion is atrocious. The one i saw had 3 different sheets of weave stitched together on the diffuser plus the carbon was completely transparent. Sucks bc their shape is close to the oem cSl one with the sharp edges & harder indentations where the painted and exposed edge is

Comment

I really liked my Status Gruppe CSL diffuser. Only thing is that they are experiencing massive delays due to the pandemic.
                Instagram: M3Journal

Comment

Originally posted by M3logik View Post
                  I really liked my Status Gruppe CSL diffuser. Only thing is that they are experiencing massive delays due to the pandemic.
                  Nah, Status Gruppe has been experiencing massive delays since sliced bread

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                  2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Due to the pandemic, that's precious
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

Nah, Status Gruppe has been experiencing massive delays since sliced bread
                      Haha. Mike is a nice guy, but I had to wait several months longer than anticipated for my CSL diffuser. I do have some waviness in the weave, but it's hard to see if you're further than a foot or two away.

Comment

Why not go with Turner? I've bought CF stuff from them before, and it's always been high quality

028937TMS01 - Turner Motorsport Carbon Fiber Diffuser - E46 M3 | Turner Motorsport
                        I'm as confused as you are.
                        M3BC, #18
                        Club 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
                          eBay heavily biases towards the buyer. Very worst case you'd have to send it back on your own dime for a return, but more than likely you'd be able to get them to cover your return cost. I'd just ask them about fitment beforehand so you have proof of their claims about fitment not being an issue.
                          Actually just sign up for the PayPal return guarantee and they'll comp your return shipping if the seller doesn't. You can also use this for FCP warranty returns so they end up being truly free (as long as return shipping is within the $30 limit):
                          https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns
                          Wow thanks for that info on Paypal feature, never knew about it. Although your link is canadian web addy and directs to "not listed", the US paypal website has it listed if you search when logged in. I activated it, much appreciated.
                          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Yep just paid through paypal for my recent FCP order as I expect to warranty return some things. Activated the Paypal return feature and just checked it out.

Up to $30 worth of return labels via Fedex or you can request a reimbursement if the vendor already charged you for return shipping or if you already paid USPS.

Huge life pro tip right here.
                            2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Yeah, it's per transaction, up to 12x a year which seems more than enough for most. I'll estimate return shipping costs in advance and split my orders up so I can ensure I'm within that $30 limit for each shipment

Comment

I know many on here have had good fitment with happybuyitnow's eBay diffuser; however the fitment on mine isn't perfect. It's about 90%. Theres a part in the center that does not line up flush against the bumper. I've tried to get it as close as possible but it does stick out a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X