No announcement yet.

Failed vanos test post Beisan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" and I didn't want to idle it much longer or rev engine as I think the point has been made."

I know the User Manual says to drive away and don't sit there and idling. I think this is more about the harmful CO and CO2 than about the engine. The only true about their advice is the warmed up transmission and engine together if driving vs stand still with warm engine and cold transmission then the driver got the rpm green light to race which is not good for the cold tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

That was my thinking initially but since a brand new item is capped at 100 bar, that conflicts with the revision theory, otherwise the new part would be calibrated at 115. And it is not.

i did not tamper with the new valve, but with the old I did, and I was able to set it to 115 as when cold my VANOS does reach high pressure. My car is an 07 Z4M, so at least in that application the OE valve was still at 100. So we are entitled to believe what we want on this one. Perhaps on the E46 was set higher at some point, but Real OEM shoes the same part number for the E86 and the E46. Mystery.
      Ah I missed that from your post. Well, guess there's no straight answer.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Ah I missed that from your post. Well, guess there's no straight answer.
        It always kinda surprises me that 20 years later, there aren't straight answers for these kinds of things. It feels crazy to me that none of the guys who designed and specced these engines are the type of car guys to want to talk about these things with enthusiasts and put knowledge out there for them?
        Last edited by ATB88; 03-28-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

According to a source, the new revised valve is this one with 115 bar set: 11367838080.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

It always kinda surprises me that 20 years later, there aren't straight answers for these kinds of things. It feels crazy to me that none of the guys who designed and specced these engines are the type of car guys to want to talk about these things with enthusiasts and put knowledge out there for them?
            I've thought about that a lot too. Imagine how much speculation could be avoided if just one of the engineers who worked on the S54 was on here.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
              According to a source, the new revised valve is this one with 115 bar set: 11367838080.
              Negative, that is the part number I bought back in September 2020 from www.getbmwparts.com

Comment

Does your new valve’s locking nut made out of solid metal as this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	545F1A2F-56FE-4B68-B1EA-010194A6ECB8.jpeg
Views:	412
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	94684

Comment

Just like that, as opposed to the thin tin nut on the original part.
                  Last edited by maupineda; 03-28-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

Look at page 49, in reference to this S54 engine:

The oil pressure for this high-pressure VANOS was raised from 100 bar to 115 bar

Comment

Just a final note, Raj has been very helpful throughout all of this and sent me the gauge to test and the different disc as well.
                      He has sent me a full refund for my entire purchase, I didn't ask for any of that, he offered and I accepted.
                      I am sending the disc back today so he can inspect it.
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

hey what ever happened to the guy that was having problems with his vanos disc from beisan? I went to go look for the thread to see how it was resolved but the thread was deleted.... Hope that means the issue was taken care of!

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
                          hey what ever happened to the guy that was having problems with his vanos disc from beisan? I went to go look for the thread to see how it was resolved but the thread was deleted.... Hope that means the issue was taken care of!
                          Was JeremyJames
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
                            I don’t think anything would have satiated that particular user’s bloodlust.

tl:dr:

Are there issues with Raj’s oil pump discs? possibly

Will Raj offer good customer service if you have issues? certainly

Will every customer be happy? likely not

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I don’t think anything would have satiated that particular user’s bloodlust.

tl:dr:

Are there issues with Raj’s oil pump discs? possibly

Will Raj offer good customer service if you have issues? certainly

Will every customer be happy? likely not
                              oh i got no beef with Beisan, just curious what ended up happening, and was bummed the thread was deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                                Fuck, I sure hope this doesn't end with me having to buy a brand new vanos to make it right.
                                Well I did.
                                I bought a complete set of Beisan's stuff (except for the re-drilled disc) for my unit, which was working ok, as a preventative measure.
                                Ended up running a vanos which would never pass the test, working pressure was only 30bar, dyno curve was flat after 6500rpm. I even replaced every part that BMW provided for it and still wouldn't work.
                                I contacted Raj who wasn't very helpful and everything was back to normal after I installed another used VANOS unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X