Best subframe reinforcement kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best subframe reinforcement kit?

I tried using search, but it isn't showing on my phone. What's the best one on the market?

Reddish?
    CMP?
    Vanos-bmw?

I’ve recently installed Reddish plates and a VinceBar with the front cups too, pleased with the result and the car is much tighter.

Comment

VinceBar being the original to bulletproof the area seems to still be the best. And cleanest.

If you’re talking strictly “plates” the CMP product looks really good.

*Not sure I understand the “Vanos-bmw” part of post on subframe??
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

BMW E46 Subframe Reinforcement Kit – $139.90 Express shipping NOW WIDELY REGARDED AS THE WORLD’S BEST E46 SUBFRAME REINFORCEMENT PLATE KIT NEW. Our engineers has developed a kit to offer a cost effective long term solution to the well-documented problem of floor cracking which the BMW E46 series suffers. The E46 Rear Subframe Reinforcement kit [...]

They claimed to be the best haha..

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post
          Sorry was unaware this Russian company had begun selling RACP plates.

Back to your original question, are you asking about full top mount enforcement kits or just bottom plates?
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

There are so many bottom plate products in the market now & they seem to be all reasonably well made & will perform the job.

But in the end, any bottom plates will need to be accompanied by CMP/Vince top reinforcements to achieve the end goal of securing the RACP.

Comment

Pairing stages 1 & 1.5 of the CMP kit will provide a fairly comprehensive underside & topside fix provided you stitch weld problem areas of the chassis and only set you back $150 USD + shipping.

That paired with solid subframe bushes (To improve the handling/feel) is what I suggest for an initial reinforcement as if you ever go big power or get aggressive with your driving the kits are modular so, more can be added at a later date if need be.

Hope that helps!

Comment

I used CMP and have no complaints. Huge plates

Comment

I believe the CMP products are still on sale from last week.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                    Sorry was unaware this Russian company had begun selling RACP plates.

Back to your original question, are you asking about full top mount enforcement kits or just bottom plates?
                    I just learned about top reinforcement, or vince bar. I guess both haha.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieE46M3 View Post
                      Pairing stages 1 & 1.5 of the CMP kit will provide a fairly comprehensive underside & topside fix provided you stitch weld problem areas of the chassis and only set you back $150 USD + shipping.

That paired with solid subframe bushes (To improve the handling/feel) is what I suggest for an initial reinforcement as if you ever go big power or get aggressive with your driving the kits are modular so, more can be added at a later date if need be.

Hope that helps!
                      This does help, thanks!

Comment

I think CMP are the best, have installed I think (10) sets or so?
                        '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                        Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                        Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

I like the vincebar, both because it supports the fellow that actually figured out how to the address the fundamental engineering flaw of the chassis, and because it doesn't negatively impinge upon your truck space or look like you have anything installed once it's in.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Are we talking about bottom side or top side reinforcement?
                            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
                              Are we talking about bottom side or top side reinforcement?
                              Top side.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X